6 lines on grandstream LET PLAY !!!

Old May 13th 09, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

Default 6 lines on grandstream LET PLAY !!!

I have Grandstream GXP 2020 as it
has six lines available , IE six different Viop providers
and numbers available , i thought it might be useful for
marketing purposes , tracking advertising with different numbers etc

However I have only ever managed to get two providers working

Gradwell & Voiphone work great

BUT
Sipgate
Voipuser
Freespeech the other 3 i signed up for WELL i never seemed to have
been able to contact / register with there services

any ideas to throw into the pot ?

anybody using multiple providers on the grandstream , what
ones you using to play with :-)

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 13th 09, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

I have Grandstream GXP 2020 as it
has six lines available , IE six different Viop providers
and numbers available , i thought it might be useful for
marketing purposes , tracking advertising with different numbers etc

However I have only ever managed to get two providers working

Gradwell & Voiphone work great

BUT
Sipgate
Voipuser
Freespeech the other 3 i signed up for WELL i never seemed to have
been able to contact / register with there services

any ideas to throw into the pot ?

anybody using multiple providers on the grandstream , what
ones you using to play with :-)

I'm a little confused. It's not hard to do;-) )

Do the accounts that don't work also
wont work when used as the sole account in your Grandstream?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 14th 09, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On May 13, 1:17*am, "securiy" wrote:
I have *Grandstream GXP 2020 as it
has six lines available , IE six different Viop providers
and numbers available , i thought it might be useful for
marketing purposes , tracking advertising with different numbers etc

However I have only ever managed to get two providers working

Gradwell & Voiphone work great

BUT
Sipgate
Voipuser
Freespeech the other 3 i signed up for WELL i never seemed to have
been able to contact / register with there services

any ideas to throw into the pot ?

anybody using multiple providers on the grandstream , what
ones you using to play with :-)

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

I can use multiple sip accounts with my Fritzbox but the only way I
could ge it to work on that was to change some setting where it gave
each account a certain amount of Bandwidth
Old May 14th 09, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article , Graham. wrote:

I have Grandstream GXP 2020 as it
has six lines available , IE six different Viop providers
and numbers available , i thought it might be useful for
marketing purposes , tracking advertising with different numbers etc

However I have only ever managed to get two providers working

Gradwell & Voiphone work great

BUT
Sipgate
Voipuser
Freespeech the other 3 i signed up for WELL i never seemed to have
been able to contact / register with there services

any ideas to throw into the pot ?

anybody using multiple providers on the grandstream , what
ones you using to play with :-)

I'm a little confused. It's not hard to do;-) )

Indeed. RTFM.

That, plus his other question about the Grandstream and his stupidly
anonymous postings and childish typing sadly makes me think that he's
nothing but a troll with time on his hands.

Gordon
Old May 14th 09, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

Hi David

Generally in a rush trying to do 15 things at once , spelling not a
priority to me , generally issue is keyboard not my actual spelling :-)

I have not tried moving each account and testing in position one
but i will put it on my "to do" troubleshooting list to test out that theory

I will also hunt down any bandwidths settings,, if anyone has any
familiarity with Grandstream and can point me in correct direction
would be appreciated

i was kinda hoping i would find someone with a GXP2020 who would
say "Hey it is possible - i got 4 lines on mine here the Voip suppliers "
type thing

I seem to remember Voipuser settings asked to to start touching the advanced
settings pag , maybe i should do a factory reset and start again !

Anyways , not a troll , real person with passing 6 month fascination
on th workability and tech of voip , like to experiment and play

Essentially i wont be happy until i have 6 lines lines running , im kinda
ADH that way , if theres a box to be ticked or filled i gotta do it !

So if you have a GXP 2020 and make use of it please let me know
how you play and with which Voip suppliers you play with

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 14th 09, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
securiy wrote:

[...]

OK. I'll give you the benefit of doubt...

I've installed a few 100 GXP2000's and while not quite the same as
the 2020, is close enough.

The important thing is NOT to change the Local SIP port in each
account. It will be 5060 for the first one, 5062 for he second and so
on. Leave it alone.

Next - what router do you have? Most have broken SIP ALGs. Turn it off, if
possible. I've seen routers allow 2 or 3 (separate) phones to work, then
fall over on the 4th... Most routers that already have some sort of VoIP
provision will give you problems when trying to use VoIP outside them.

Do not put any port-forwarding into your router. This will just confuse
things.

But in-general, the setups for each account ought to be identical -
the only thing to change is the IP address, username and password.

The SIP User ID and Authenticate ID should both be set the same for each
account too.

You also need to know if the remote service needs a STUN server
or not. You can set this on or off individually for each account. It
doesn't matter what STUN server you have programmed into the advanced
settings page - that's not provider dependant. (As long as it is a valid
STUN server!)

And make sure to select the "Account Active" button.

Gordon

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 16th 09, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

The important thing is NOT to change the Local SIP port .... OK , all
set to default 5060/5062 etc

Router is BTHOMEHUB2 ( black one ) i can find no references to SIP anywhere
, the telephony section is NOT turned on

Do not put any port-forwarding into your router - Do not know what this is
, how to check it or why i would have changed it

The SIP User ID and Authenticate ID should both be set the same for each
account too. A OK ! understand

STUN info , thats interesting when i check this the individual account
pages do not have areas

to enter stun server , the only place to enter this is ONCE on the advanced
setting page ?

ANy further infos apprecited

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 16th 09, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

You also need to know if the remote service needs a STUN server
or not. You can set this on or off individually for each account. It
doesn't matter what STUN server you have programmed into the advanced
settings page - that's not provider dependant. (As long as it is a valid
STUN server!)

Yes Sipgate definately asks for stun server to be chnaged in ADVANCED
setting to theirs : stun.sipgate.net:10000 : they even show a picture on
their
website of it in advanced settings , i presume this may p[revent some other
voip providers working , such as Voip user which ALSO ask for stun
to be set to theirs in advanced settings ... i have no idea what a stun
server is but it sounds like a conflict to me which could be causing issues

--
------------------------------

Old May 16th 09, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
securiy wrote:
The important thing is NOT to change the Local SIP port .... OK , all
set to default 5060/5062 etc

Router is BTHOMEHUB2 ( black one ) i can find no references to SIP anywhere

I've seen problems with these. I think they try to be too clever about
VoIP running on devices on the inside. (Broken SIP ALG) Throw it away
and get a decent router.

Gordon

Old May 16th 09, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

Router is BTHOMEHUB2 ( black one ) i can find no references to SIP
anywhere

I've seen problems with these. I think they try to be too clever about
VoIP running on devices on the inside. (Broken SIP ALG) Throw it away
and get a decent router.

So are you saying my BThome hub is preventing more thn 2 lines
being able to activate on the grandstream ?