BT ADSL failures today

Old May 13th 09, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default BT ADSL failures today

I have 2 users in Diss, 1 in Norwich and 1 in Yarmouth who all have lost
ADSL connectivity sometime this afternoon between about 16:30 and 22:20.
The common element is that they all have BT Business Broadband accounts.
Other users in the area with ADSL from other ISPs have not reported
problems.

Has anybody else seen similar failures?

--
Graham J

Old May 14th 09, 07:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Graham J" wrote in message
I have 2 users in Diss, 1 in Norwich and 1 in Yarmouth who all have lost
ADSL connectivity sometime this afternoon between about 16:30 and 22:20.
The common element is that they all have BT Business Broadband accounts.
Other users in the area with ADSL from other ISPs have not reported
problems.

Has anybody else seen similar failures?

Actually three of them all failed at 22:19

One of those in Diss recovered 06:31
Norwich recovered at 06:45
Yarmouth still dead
The other in Diss requires a personal visit to check ...

--
Graham J

Old May 14th 09, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Graham J" wrote in message

"Graham J" wrote in message
I have 2 users in Diss, 1 in Norwich and 1 in Yarmouth who all have lost
ADSL connectivity sometime this afternoon between about 16:30 and 22:20.
The common element is that they all have BT Business Broadband accounts.
Other users in the area with ADSL from other ISPs have not reported
problems.

Has anybody else seen similar failures?

Actually three of them all failed at 22:19

One of those in Diss recovered 06:31
Norwich recovered at 06:45
Yarmouth still dead
The other in Diss requires a personal visit to check ...

Yarmouth recovered 07:20

When I got to Diss at 9 am that one was working, of course!

Perhaps this is a symptom of BT making 10% of their workforce redundant ...

--
Graham J

Old May 14th 09, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Graham J wrote:
"Graham J" wrote in message
"Graham J" wrote in message
I have 2 users in Diss, 1 in Norwich and 1 in Yarmouth who all have lost
ADSL connectivity sometime this afternoon between about 16:30 and 22:20.
The common element is that they all have BT Business Broadband accounts.
Other users in the area with ADSL from other ISPs have not reported
problems.

Has anybody else seen similar failures?

Actually three of them all failed at 22:19

One of those in Diss recovered 06:31
Norwich recovered at 06:45
Yarmouth still dead
The other in Diss requires a personal visit to check ...

Yarmouth recovered 07:20

When I got to Diss at 9 am that one was working, of course!

Perhaps this is a symptom of BT making 10% of their workforce redundant ...

Apparently, BT upgraded something last night related to managing static
IP addresses for business customers and the whole thing went tits up.
Some of our BT Business connections were off from around 9.30pm last
night to 8.40am today.