be packet loss

Old May 14th 09, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eps

Default be packet loss

I am getting high packet loss (mtr reckons its as much as 90%) when
transferring data from a server in france to my box here on the end of
be adsl up to 8mb (synching at 3) connection.

A traceroute shows it timing out at this ip address.

10.1.2.178

Thats a private IP is it not ?.

Any other be users seeing slow speed today ?.
Old May 14th 09, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

eps wrote:

I am getting high packet loss (mtr reckons its as much as 90%) when
transferring data from a server in france to my box here on the end of
be adsl up to 8mb (synching at 3) connection.

A traceroute shows it timing out at this ip address.

10.1.2.178

Thats a private IP is it not ?.

OrgName: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
OrgID: IANA
Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
City: Marina del Rey
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 90292-6695
Country: US
NetRange: 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
CIDR: 10.0.0.0/8
NetName: RESERVED-10
NetHandle: NET-10-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType: IANA Special Use
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IANA.ORG
Comment: This block is reserved for special purposes.
Comment: Please see RFC 1918 for additional information:
Comment: http://www.arin.net/reference/rfc/rfc1918.txt
RegDate:
Updated: 2007-11-27

Graham