Has 3 stopped the 5 pound access on my laptop?

Old May 14th 09, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
John

Default Has 3 stopped the 5 pound access on my laptop?

I have been subscribing to the 5 internet add on and using it mainly on my
mobile, but occasionally on my laptop using a Skypephone S2. It seems that
today when I tried using it to access the net from my laptop, it no longer
works. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer available?

Thanks

Old May 14th 09, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
METWO

"John" wrote in message
I have been subscribing to the 5 internet add on and using it mainly on my
mobile, but occasionally on my laptop using a Skypephone S2. It seems
that
today when I tried using it to access the net from my laptop, it no longer
works. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer available?

Thanks

John
You don't say where you are !

Mine is also off and spoke to C/S and the say there is a problem with my
local cell, and one other person has reported it, was that you

I am in North Derbyshire

Metwo

Old May 14th 09, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Dennis Ferguson

On 2009-05-14, John wrote:
I have been subscribing to the ?5 internet add on and using it mainly on my
mobile, but occasionally on my laptop using a Skypephone S2. It seems that
today when I tried using it to access the net from my laptop, it no longer
works. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer available?

I'm posting this from my laptop via a SIM (my wife's) with the 5
add-on. It seems to work okay. My SIM has a 10 add on which I've
been using a lot the past few weeks, and it's been quite good too.

Dennis Ferguson
Old May 15th 09, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
John

On 2009-05-14, John wrote:
I have been subscribing to the ?5 internet add on and using it mainly on

my
mobile, but occasionally on my laptop using a Skypephone S2. It seems

that
today when I tried using it to access the net from my laptop, it no

longer
works. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer available?

I'm posting this from my laptop via a SIM (my wife's) with the 5
add-on. It seems to work okay. My SIM has a 10 add on which I've
been using a lot the past few weeks, and it's been quite good too.

Dennis Ferguson

Thanks for that Dennis.

Every time I start a session via bluetooth or usb, the connection now fails.

Nothing has changed here, and the SIM has a current 5 mobile internet add
on that is valid and works fine from the phone directly. But as soon as I
try to connect from the Laptop or Pocket PC the connection fails.

Dont know whats going on.

Old May 15th 09, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
John

"METWO" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message
I have been subscribing to the 5 internet add on and using it mainly on

my
mobile, but occasionally on my laptop using a Skypephone S2. It seems
that
today when I tried using it to access the net from my laptop, it no

longer
works. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer available?

Thanks

John
You don't say where you are !

Mine is also off and spoke to C/S and the say there is a problem with my
local cell, and one other person has reported it, was that you

I am in North Derbyshire

Metwo

Yes I am in North Derbyshire too.

Old May 15th 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
John

"METWO" wrote in message
Yes I am in North Derbyshire too.

poss same mast

When was your last 5 addon added to your account?
I am suspecting that any new 5 mobile internet addons added after 1st May
2009, will only work on the phone and wont allow access on a laptop via USB
or bluetooth.
Pity if thats the case, as I mainly use it on the phone, but just check a
couple of things on the laptop occasionally. If that is what they have done
I wont bother using their mobile addon at all......

Comments anyone?

Old May 15th 09, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
John

"John" wrote in message
I have been subscribing to the 5 internet add on and using it mainly on

my
mobile, but occasionally on my laptop using a Skypephone S2. It seems

that
today when I tried using it to access the net from my laptop, it no longer
works. Can anyone confirm that this is no longer available?

Thanks

Does anyone else have anything to add to this thread? I am suprised it
hasn't attracted more interest....
I am wanting to know if your 3 mobile internet add on (5) is still working
via the USB or Bluetooth (to a laptop or PDA device)

Old May 15th 09, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
MikeT

On Fri, 15 May 2009 14:19:37 +0100, John wrote in

Does anyone else have anything to add to this thread? I am suprised it
hasn't attracted more interest....
I am wanting to know if your 3 mobile internet add on (5) is still working
via the USB or Bluetooth (to a laptop or PDA device

Whilst I now normally use my new 3 dongle, I have just tried Bluetooth via
my mobile phone and can confirm it still works ok. What I have noticed
recently is smtp access has changed. I run my own smtp server on my
laptop, but 3 seem to be blocking port 25 unless connecting through their
own smtp server.
Old May 15th 09, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Dennis Ferguson

On 2009-05-15, John wrote:
"METWO" wrote in message
Yes I am in North Derbyshire too.

poss same mast

When was your last ?5 addon added to your account?
I am suspecting that any new ?5 mobile internet addons added after 1st May
2009, will only work on the phone and wont allow access on a laptop via USB
or bluetooth.

That doesn't sound right. The add-on for my wife's SIM (the one I
posted from) was purchased on the 7th.

You might try tethering with the SIM in another phone, just on the off
chance that your S2 is doing something to give away the fact that you're
tethered (maybe that's what happens when a phone is designed for
a carrier rather than for users...).

Dennis Ferguson