Ping Kraftee

Old May 16th 09, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Unbeliever

Default Ping Kraftee

Kraftee,

I wonder if you could shed any light on why the BT newsgroups are not
working - I have tried the announce telephone number, with no results?

Unbeliever

Old May 16th 09, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian

On Saturday 16 May 2009 5:27 pm, in MID
, Unbeliever
) wrote:

Kraftee,

I wonder if you could shed any light on why the BT newsgroups are not
working

They're working fine.
--
Ian...
Old May 16th 09, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Unbeliever

) wrote:

Kraftee,

I wonder if you could shed any light on why the BT newsgroups are not
working

They're working fine.

Ian,

Thanks for that, but for some reason bt.broadband.support (and others) are
not on the news.btopenworld or the news.btinternet servers but working on
news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have to reset them!

Unbeliever

Old May 16th 09, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian

On Saturday 16 May 2009 6:01 pm, in MID
, Unbeliever
) wrote:

I wonder if you could shed any light on why the BT newsgroups are not
working

They're working fine.

Thanks for that, but for some reason bt.broadband.support (and others) are
not on the news.btopenworld or the news.btinternet servers

Oh yes they are !

---x---
[email protected][~]$ telnet
telnet open news.btinternet.com 119
Trying 216.196.109.145...
Connected to europe.isp.giganews.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.bt.com
group bt.broadband.support
211 54732 122 54853 bt.broadband.support
article 54853
220 54853
From: "Gerry"
Newsgroups: bt.broadband.support
Subject: This newsgroup
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:58:24 +0100

[snipped]
---x---

but working on
news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have to reset them!

That'll be a local (to you - ie your system) problem then.
--
Ian...

From: "Gerry"
Newsgroups: bt.broadband.support
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:58:24 +0100

[snipped]
---x---

but working on
news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have to reset them!

That'll be a local (to you - ie your system) problem then.

Yep Ian, I got 'em back now after a hard reset of the listed newsgroups. I
don't know what happend there (another ruddy OE mystery) as the groups were
working at around 1.00am this morning and then my computer was switched off
until around 5.15 this afternoon - ah well, the joys of computing :-)

Unbeliever

From: "Gerry"
Newsgroups: bt.broadband.support
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:58:24 +0100

[snipped]
---x---

but working on
news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have to reset them!

That'll be a local (to you - ie your system) problem then.

Yep Ian, I got 'em back now after a hard reset of the listed newsgroups. I
don't know what happend there (another ruddy OE mystery) as the groups were
working at around 1.00am this morning and then my computer was switched off
until around 5.15 this afternoon - ah well, the joys of computing :-)

You mean the joys of OE surely ?

Graham

From: "Gerry"
Newsgroups: bt.broadband.support
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:58:24 +0100

[snipped]
---x---

but working on
news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have to reset them!

That'll be a local (to you - ie your system) problem then.

Yep Ian, I got 'em back now after a hard reset of the listed
newsgroups. I don't know what happend there (another ruddy OE
mystery) as the groups were working at around 1.00am this morning
and then my computer was switched off until around 5.15 this
afternoon - ah well, the joys of computing :-)

You mean the joys of OE surely ?

Graham

No Graham, what I said is what I meant! You get problems with whatever
program, OS, mail client, newsreader, ISP or hardware when you are using a
computer no matter how 'clever' the user is - and anyone who says different,
well....

Unbeliever

Old May 16th 09, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 16 May 2009 19:49:47 UTC, "Unbeliever"
wrote:

No Graham, what I said is what I meant! You get problems with whatever
program, OS, mail client, newsreader, ISP or hardware when you are using a
computer no matter how 'clever' the user is - and anyone who says different,
well....

The very occasional unavoidable, problem, perhaps.

I get very few problems indeed.

--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old May 16th 09, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

) wrote:

Kraftee,

I wonder if you could shed any light on why the BT newsgroups are not
working

They're working fine.

Ian,

Thanks for that, but for some reason bt.broadband.support (and others) are
not on the news.btopenworld or the news.btinternet servers but working on
news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have to reset them!

This happened to me a few days ago. They all disappeared off the server.
Resetting the list didn't work until later in the day when they all appeared
again.

Old May 17th 09, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

) wrote:

Kraftee,

I wonder if you could shed any light on why the BT newsgroups
are
not working

They're working fine.

Ian,

Thanks for that, but for some reason bt.broadband.support (and
others) are not on the news.btopenworld or the news.btinternet
servers but working on news.btconnect - I suppose I'll just have
reset them!

This happened to me a few days ago. They all disappeared off the
server. Resetting the list didn't work until later in the day when
they all appeared again.

Yawwwnn......

Did someone call??

Looks like you didn't need me anyway...

Think I'll turn over & go back to sleep until Tuesday..

Night Night...