Idiots guide to mysipswitch

Old May 18th 09, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
hammond

Default Idiots guide to mysipswitch

How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?

I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
there easier solutions ?
Old May 18th 09, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"hammond" wrote in message
How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?

I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
there easier solutions ?

Do not register to any Betamax clone from a service like mysipswitch
as your 300 min weekly call limit will be shared with all the other
customers
doing the same thing (they will appear to Betamax as coming from the
same IP address)

I understand that Voxalot is an exception to this rule, but it's not free
to register providers to them any more.

I have found a way, however, to have outgoing calls to Betamax
and multiple incoming calls from Sipgate (et all). even if your device
only supports a single account.

Hang in there Hammond, I will post the details later, dinners ready :-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 18th 09, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Graham. schreef:
"hammond" wrote in message
How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?

I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
there easier solutions ?

Do not register to any Betamax clone from a service like mysipswitch
as your 300 min weekly call limit will be shared with all the other
customers
doing the same thing (they will appear to Betamax as coming from the
same IP address)

I understand that Voxalot is an exception to this rule, but it's not free
to register providers to them any more.

I have found a way, however, to have outgoing calls to Betamax
and multiple incoming calls from Sipgate (et all). even if your device
only supports a single account.

Hang in there Hammond, I will post the details later, dinners ready :-)

I guess you only need it for outgoing calls, and that's still free at
Voxalot, you register your betamax provider at Voxalot, and register
your Voxalot account at MSS, you set the From: header in the advanced
settings to an random, or your own public IP address.
That's the general idea, but there are enough postings on the MSS forum
about that...

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old May 18th 09, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Graham." wrote in message

"hammond" wrote in message
How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?

I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
there easier solutions ?

Do not register to any Betamax clone from a service like mysipswitch
as your 300 min weekly call limit will be shared with all the other
customers
doing the same thing (they will appear to Betamax as coming from the
same IP address)

I understand that Voxalot is an exception to this rule, but it's not free
to register providers to them any more.

I have found a way, however, to have outgoing calls to Betamax
and multiple incoming calls from Sipgate (et all). even if your device
only supports a single account.

Hang in there Hammond, I will post the details later, dinners ready :-)

OK, I am sure you could use mysipswitch to do this, but I
use pbxes.com which is basically a cut-down hosted Asterisk at Home
box, so it's a good way of getting hands-on Asterisk/Trixbox
experience should you get the urge to build your own.

Configure your sip device to make calls through Betamax, I
use smallest.com, you don't need to configure it any further.

Now sign up for a free pbxes account, we are only concerned
with two pages for this project, we need a SIP trunk for each
incoming account that's pretty much the same as setting up
a local device.
Then, for each account we need an inbound route like this:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/pbxes.jpg
Don't worry about the reference to an extension Graham 200,
you don't need an extension.

The important bit is the set destination radio button and the
SIP uri
you would use

That's it when someone calls one of your Sipgate lines
your voipbuster phone rings!

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 18th 09, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Configure your sip device to make calls through Betamax, I
use smallest.com, you don't need to configure it any further.

Damn spull-chucker. I use *smslisto.com*
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%