Dlink Vonage VTU 1 in Currys can it be unlocked

Old May 18th 09, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
hammond

Default Dlink Vonage VTU 1 in Currys can it be unlocked

I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?
Old May 18th 09, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

"hammond" wrote in message
I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Yes and Yes

I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount and
VoipTalk

Old May 18th 09, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Hammond

On 18 May, 19:17, "R. Giskard Reventlov" [email protected] wrote:
"hammond" wrote in message

I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Yes and Yes

I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount and
VoipTalk

cool how do you unlock them ?
Old May 19th 09, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

hammond wrote:
I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
and google groups returns "nothing matches".

Cheers,
Chris
Old May 19th 09, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:36:30 +0100, Chris Davies
wrote:

hammond wrote:
I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
and google groups returns "nothing matches".

Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?

T i m
Old May 19th 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

wrote:

hammond wrote:
I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
and google groups returns "nothing matches".

Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?

T i m

I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.

Any idea where I can get one?

Thanks
Old May 19th 09, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:11:49 +0100, Me wrote:

I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.

Any idea where I can get one?

google says you can get them "free" he-
http://www.vonage.co.uk/equipment/DLink-VTARB.php

--
Geo
Old May 19th 09, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

On Tue, 19 May 2009 13:31:54 GMT, Geo wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:11:49 +0100, Me wrote:

I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.

Any idea where I can get one?

google says you can get them "free" he-
http://www.vonage.co.uk/equipment/DLink-VTARB.php

Followed by a minimum monthly charge of 5.99
Old May 19th 09, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Terry

wrote:

hammond wrote:
I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Saw one of what, please? I've even looked up the Message Id you've cited
and google groups returns "nothing matches".

Is it a 'Dlink Vonage VTU' ?
T i m

I have just been to both PC World and Curry's and neither have them in
stock (Watford) - and both say that they won't be getting any.
Any idea where I can get one?
Thanks

DSG Stores like Currys / PC world have a stock computer that will tell you
the nearest stores with stock, just ask the shop staff to look it up

Anyone know the stock number??

Steve Terry

Old May 19th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

"hammond" wrote in message

I saw these in Currys for 1 and wondered whether they could be
unlocked are they worth buying ?

Yes and Yes

I unlocked one I got from PC world for 75p and use it with VoipDiscount
and
VoipTalk

cool how do you unlock them ?

Google is your friend - it is all out there - you have to flash it to cooked
firmware

Start here

http://www.unlockvta.com/?p=1245