Vyke on a Fritz 7140

Old May 18th 09, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

Default Vyke on a Fritz 7140

Hi all,

I've just set-up a trial account with Vyke and would like to configure
my Fritz!Box FON WAN 7140 but I don't seem to see it connect like I do
with the Sipgate accounts (and am not sure I quite understand it all).

Has anyone done this and what settings did you use please?

Cheers T i m (VoIP n00b)
Old May 20th 09, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:58:32 +0100, T i m wrote:

Hi all,

I've just set-up a trial account with Vyke and would like to configure
my Fritz!Box FON WAN 7140 but I don't seem to see it connect like I do
with the Sipgate accounts (and am not sure I quite understand it all).

Has anyone done this and what settings did you use please?

Cheers T i m (VoIP n00b)

Are you aware that Vyke is for outgoing calls only? It doesn't need to
register. You will need to use a different provider for our incoming
calls. The cost of calling through Vyke, at 2p/call to Europe and the
US, is good, but sometimes the call can drop out, often after just
connecting. For that reason I don't use it as a main provider. I have it
as a standby and also it can be useful to send texts by using their java
client on a mobile phone.

Old May 20th 09, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
T i m

On Wed, 20 May 2009 09:59:20 GMT, Brian A
wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:58:32 +0100, T i m wrote:

Hi all,

I've just set-up a trial account with Vyke and would like to configure
my Fritz!Box FON WAN 7140 but I don't seem to see it connect like I do
with the Sipgate accounts (and am not sure I quite understand it all).

Has anyone done this and what settings did you use please?

Cheers T i m (VoIP n00b)

Are you aware that Vyke is for outgoing calls only?

Ah, good, I thought I'd missed something.

It doesn't need to
register.

I just used that term because for my Sipgate lines it says
'Registered' and I though that was my goal. I have tried making an
outgoing call from the Fritz to Vyke but it didn't work (even though
the Fritz does show 'registered' next to the Vyke link now)?

Just in case I'm not using it correctly I dialled *123# (that
corresponds to the Vyke line) then my own BT number (for example) but
I here nothing?

You will need to use a different provider for our incoming
calls.

Understood. I have the BT and 2 Sipgate lines for that.

The cost of calling through Vyke, at 2p/call to Europe and the
US, is good, but sometimes the call can drop out, often after just
connecting. For that reason I don't use it as a main provider. I have it
as a standby and also it can be useful to send texts by using their java
client on a mobile phone.

Ah. ok thanks.

Cheers, T i m