hp 2133 wont connect to wireless network (used to work).

Old May 22nd 09, 12:33 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.laptops,uk.telecom.broadband

Default hp 2133 wont connect to wireless network (used to work).

Won't connect to my network at home, tough it used to!
When I enter the network key it wont connect & just asks for it again.
Running Linux not Windows.
Any ideas?
--
Scientia potentia est (knowledge is power). Bacon

Old May 22nd 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.laptops,uk.telecom.broadband
Invalid

In message , writes
Won't connect to my network at home, tough it used to!
When I enter the network key it wont connect & just asks for it again.
Running Linux not Windows.
Any ideas?

Diagnostic checks

I presume you have tried with the laptop close to the router to
eliminate external interference . Are you sure the 2213 is trying to
connect to your router and not the neighbours (a neighbour with a new
wireless setup and both of you are using the default SSID on the
router.)

Will any other wireless device connect to your router?
If Yes its probably the 2113
If No its probably the Router

If Router
Network key/wireless setup in the router corrupted?

Reboot Router

If still nothing try resetting the key and encryption in the router (
after another reboot?) then try connecting.

Its a possibility that the router has died.

If 2133

Will it connect wirelessly to any other network? If not you could have a
bad wireless driver,. Try reinstalling the wireless drivers.

If yes I would suggest changing the SSID for the network and trying
again in case the 2133 has cached the network key against the SSID and
can't be persuaded to change it.

The final possibility is a bad wireless card

--
Invalid