Voip Payphone

Old May 23rd 09, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
hammond

Default Voip Payphone

http://www.primusvoipcallshop.co.uk/hardware.html
Old May 23rd 09, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
hammond wrote:
http://www.primusvoipcallshop.co.uk/hardware.html

I've actually thought about providing such a service ..

You can get ones designed for use in a pub for round about 100. Combine
that with a cheap ATA, somewhere relatively secure and off you go..

Being vandal proof is another issue, however...

Gordon
Old May 23rd 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Koos van den Hout

Gordon Henderson wrote in
a.net:
In article

,
hammond wrote:
http://www.primusvoipcallshop.co.uk/hardware.html

I've actually thought about providing such a service ..

You can get ones designed for use in a pub for round about 100. Combine
that with a cheap ATA, somewhere relatively secure and off you go..

Being vandal proof is another issue, however...

The picture looks like the average drunk pub visitor can't damage it too
much. Someone who really wants to steal the money from the coinbox could be
more damaging. That's the reason modern payphones are implemented like a
bank vault.

Could be an interesting bit of hardware for a "call-shop"[1]. Especially if
you can update the rates on-the-fly.

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

Koos

--
Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers
or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 -?)
Old May 23rd 09, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

I'm not sure they're that popular over here - same for "calling cards"
- or maybe it's just me in my rural part of England!

Gordon
Old May 23rd 09, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Burns

Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

I'm not sure they're that popular over here - same for "calling cards"
- or maybe it's just me in my rural part of England!

In cities where there are plenty of people wanting to phone home (where
home is a distant part of the planet) you get a fair few "shops" full of
phone booths at cheap rates.
Old May 23rd 09, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

I'm not sure they're that popular over here - same for "calling cards"
- or maybe it's just me in my rural part of England!

In cities where there are plenty of people wanting to phone home (where
home is a distant part of the planet) you get a fair few "shops" full of
phone booths at cheap rates.

Hm. Wonder how my rural town on the edge of Dartmoor would react to a
new phone box ;-)

Gordon
Old May 23rd 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

I'm not sure they're that popular over here - same for "calling cards"
- or maybe it's just me in my rural part of England!

In cities where there are plenty of people wanting to phone home (where
home is a distant part of the planet) you get a fair few "shops" full of
phone booths at cheap rates.

Hm. Wonder how my rural town on the edge of Dartmoor would react to a
new phone box ;-)

Baring in mind that BT have kiosks that don't make a single
call in a whole year
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6314431.ece
your best bet might be to incorparate a 2G/3G jammer also ;-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 23rd 09, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paulg0

"Graham." wrote in message
Baring in mind that BT have kiosks that don't make a single
call in a whole year
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6314431.ece
your best bet might be to incorparate a 2G/3G jammer also ;-)

I work in a busy conference venue in Central London, our 1 remaining
payphone takes a grand total of about 20 per year...... The only people who
seem to use it are occasional international visitors who don't want to use
their mobiles!

Paul

Old May 23rd 09, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Graham. wrote:

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

I'm not sure they're that popular over here - same for "calling cards"
- or maybe it's just me in my rural part of England!

In cities where there are plenty of people wanting to phone home (where
home is a distant part of the planet) you get a fair few "shops" full of
phone booths at cheap rates.

Hm. Wonder how my rural town on the edge of Dartmoor would react to a
new phone box ;-)

Baring in mind that BT have kiosks that don't make a single
call in a whole year
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6314431.ece
your best bet might be to incorparate a 2G/3G jammer also ;-)

Wouldn't surprise me in an urban area, but I frequently see people in
the local phone box here. There are 2 boxes that I'm aware off on our
exchange. (~1800 houses) The other one is half hidden. Not sure you'd
notice it unless you walked past it, and it's not really on a regular
walking route...

Gordon
Old May 24th 09, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On 2009-05-23, Graham. wrote:
"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

[1] There is probably a UK term for this: a shop where you can call at
cheap rates to all over the world.

I'm not sure they're that popular over here - same for "calling cards"
- or maybe it's just me in my rural part of England!

In cities where there are plenty of people wanting to phone home (where
home is a distant part of the planet) you get a fair few "shops" full of
phone booths at cheap rates.

Hm. Wonder how my rural town on the edge of Dartmoor would react to a
new phone box ;-)

Baring in mind that BT have kiosks that don't make a single
call in a whole year
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6314431.ece
your best bet might be to incorparate a 2G/3G jammer also ;-)

It's possible it might have more use if the call rates didn't make you
feel like you'd been robbed at gunpoint...

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/