PlusNet being hit again by the *mail delivery* bounced spammers?

Old May 25th 09, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default PlusNet being hit again by the *mail delivery* bounced spammers?

Just had 17 mails sent within an hour to
randomstuff @ username.plus.com address... !! Looks like the flood
gates are open again...

Old May 25th 09, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:03:29 +0100, Paul wrote:

Just had 17 mails sent within an hour to
randomstuff @ username.plus.com address... !! Looks like the flood
gates are open again...

Yep it's a flood! 260 messages in my webmail spambox, so well done
PlusNet you caught most of it! Mind you it's still coming trough so I
guess this is the start.

Nothing on Service Status page, but I do see they have been messing
around with webmail pages over last couple of days.... has someone
been looking in Pandora's Box PlusNet and released the demons?

Old May 25th 09, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Just had 17 mails sent within an hour to
randomstuff @ username.plus.com address... !! Looks like the flood
gates are open again...

None at all here.

Peter Crosland

Old May 25th 09, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Paul wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:03:29 +0100, Paul wrote:

Just had 17 mails sent within an hour to
randomstuff @ username.plus.com address... !! Looks like the flood
gates are open again...

Yep it's a flood! 260 messages in my webmail spambox, so well done
PlusNet you caught most of it! Mind you it's still coming trough so I
guess this is the start.

Nothing on Service Status page, but I do see they have been messing
around with webmail pages over last couple of days.... has someone
been looking in Pandora's Box PlusNet and released the demons?

There are no service wide problems that I'm aware so I'd put this down
to just 'one of those things'.

Is there any reason why you don't switch off your 'catch-all'.

--
+-------------- twitter.com/plusnet -----------------
Old May 25th 09, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

On Mon, 25 May 2009 20:11:28 +0100, Plusnet Support Team
wrote:

Paul wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:03:29 +0100, Paul wrote:

Just had 17 mails sent within an hour to
randomstuff @ username.plus.com address... !! Looks like the flood
gates are open again...

Yep it's a flood! 260 messages in my webmail spambox, so well done
PlusNet you caught most of it! Mind you it's still coming trough so I
guess this is the start.

Nothing on Service Status page, but I do see they have been messing
around with webmail pages over last couple of days.... has someone
been looking in Pandora's Box PlusNet and released the demons?

There are no service wide problems that I'm aware so I'd put this down
to just 'one of those things'.

Hmm that's weird. Maybe I'm one of the few silly enough to have kept
the old email name PlusNet managed to pass on to spammers a year
back?

Is there any reason why you don't switch off your 'catch-all'.

I actively use the [email protected] facility.
Old May 26th 09, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
o.uk...
Just had 17 mails sent within an hour to
randomstuff @ username.plus.com address... !! Looks like the flood
gates are open again...

None at all here.

Nor here

George

Old May 26th 09, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J B

"George Weston" wrote in message
None at all here.

Nor here