Madness in Middlesmoor

Old May 25th 09, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anahata

Default Madness in Middlesmoor

Remember that news item several hectofortnights ago about the townies who
moved to the country and complained about the cock crowing on the farm
next door?...

Just back from a nice weekend in Nidderdale with some folk musician
friends. We went to the pub at Middlesmoor for a meal on Sunday night
and, with prior arrangement and the enthusiastic encouragement of the
landlord who likes this sort of thing, started a music session in a room
in the pub, to which a few friends with musiacl instruments had been
invited. Half an hour later in walks the landlord and announces we have
to stop - some of the residents (the pub's an inn) have complained (I
think they had children who they were trying to get to sleep). Fair
enough, we retreated to our friends' cottage nearby and carried on there
- meanwhile the rumour mill supplies the news that, earlier that weekend
the same people had complained about the SHEEP!

It's the Yorkshire Dales, folks... sheep are a feature, not a bug...
What were they thinking?
We haven't found out what they thought about the sword dance team who
turned up to entertain everybody at lunchtime today. Or whether they also
thought the hills were too steep or the sun was too hot (surprisingly,
for the location, I'm a bit sunburned)

Anyway, I thought the shed would be amused...

--
Anahata
-+- http://www.treewind.co.uk
Old May 25th 09, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anahata

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:16:37 -0500, Anahata wrote:
[stuff]

SORRY ! wrong newsgroup
(off to repost to uk.rec.sheds)

Old May 26th 09, 02:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Mon, 25 May 2009 16:18:03, Anahata wrote:

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:16:37 -0500, Anahata wrote:
[stuff]

SORRY ! wrong newsgroup
(off to repost to uk.rec.sheds)

Heh, it was a good GOG thread, I am in sympathy!

--
Jim Crowther
Old May 27th 09, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

Anahata wrote:
[...]

I stayed in a hotel one time, where my room backed on to a squash court.
I did complain about that, but there were no other rooms to move me to.
'They finish at 10' I was told. Free drinks in the bar until 10, then...