Idnet offer ADSL2+ at same price as Max

Old May 28th 09, 02:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Default Idnet offer ADSL2+ at same price as Max

There are conditions which may make me consider this carefully but for
exchanges so equipped, Idnet are indeed making the above offer.

BE suggested I'd get ~ 15Mbps at my distance from the exchange but I
would need a new router of course.

Any recommendations ? Preferably good value but reliable, as my Origo
router has been. I don't need wi-fi btw.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address

Old May 28th 09, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Eeyore wrote:
There are conditions which may make me consider this carefully but for
exchanges so equipped, Idnet are indeed making the above offer.

I would be interested to hear how this goes. I left Idnet in Jan to get
WBC/ADSL2+ from Entanet. It was a total disaster. I never actually got
ADSL2+ and my experience with Entanet was unbelievably bad (no
connection at all for 10 days).

Entanet seem to be in meltdown, possibly associated with their move to
this WBC/Adsl2+ technology.

The question in my mind is was it all Entanet's fault or were BT also to
blame?

BE suggested I'd get ~ 15Mbps at my distance from the exchange but I
would need a new router of course.

After my disaster with Entanet I went with BE. Their initial estimate of
10 Mbps was over optimistic, actual speed 6 Mbps (compared to 4Mbps on
Adsl). Apart for the speed overestimate everything else with BE is
astonishingly good, low pings, constant peek speeds.

Any recommendations ? Preferably good value but reliable, as my Origo
router has been. I don't need wi-fi btw.

I use a netgear dg834v3 which is ok. I think the current version is
dg834v5 which I can't vouch for (I also have a netgear dg834Nv1 which is
a turkey).
Old May 28th 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Nick" wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:
[...]

I too left Entanet last year for undescribable poor service.
I am with Be Unlimited up to 24 Mbps.
Be said 14 but I get just over 12, you can in your Be Profile change a
couple of settings to get increase, Be do not recommend this as it can cause
slight problems, but the choice is ours.
I use a Netgear DG834GT, ex- Sky one, but if you talk to BE Support you
have to connect the one they supply, I confirm Be DO supply a router. If
you leave it as to be returned or pay £90. Be Unlimited is a 3 month
notice contract should they not work out for you. I'm very happy.

O2 are a sister company to Be.

--
Regards,
David

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old May 28th 09, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eps

if you can get BE its definitely the way to go, I cane my connection
constantly but never had any complaints from them.
Old May 28th 09, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheOldFellow

On Thu, 28 May 2009 07:28:17 +0100
Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

The question in my mind is was it all Entanet's fault or were BT also to
blame?

In my experience BT are always to blame. They are the worst company in
the entire universe.

R.

Old May 28th 09, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

TheOldFellow wrote:

In my experience BT are always to blame. They are the worst company in
the entire universe.

There are some companies currently offering service on Mars that are
worse. Trust me, I've been there ...

--
Alien C
Old May 28th 09, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eps

Adrian C wrote:
TheOldFellow wrote:

In my experience BT are always to blame. They are the worst company in
the entire universe.

There are some companies currently offering service on Mars that are
worse. Trust me, I've been there ...

Try australia, actually most countries have had state owned/funded
telecoms that have been later privatised, so most countries have their
own equivalent of BT.

Australia is particularly bad because the technical challenges are much
greater than elsewhere.
Old May 28th 09, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

The question in my mind is was it all Entanet's fault or were BT also to
blame?

In my experience BT are always to blame. They are the worst company in
the entire universe.

I have found worse.

--
(\__/) M.

Old May 28th 09, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

eps wrote:

Australia is particularly bad because the technical challenges are much
greater than elsewhere.

Seriously, O2's parent Telefónica in Spain just outside Seville is
particulary bad - for very probably the same reasons of remote
environments and trying to provide customer services to very unhappy
people - who now are used to very low expectations. It's terrible :-(

Try residing 'exPat' over there from the UK, and expecting the same ADSL
speedy broadband services we have here.

No chance - my colleage had to resort to Orange HSDPA Mobile Broadband
after the 'wet string' phone cable suffered too many drops and losses
trying to maintain 512kbps and same with normal voice phone calls.
Telefónica SA are not the most responsive organisation to deal with,
things don't get resolved for weeks and they still screw ye into staying
within costly terms of the service contract :-(

--
Adrian C
Old May 29th 09, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

The question in my mind is was it all Entanet's fault or were BT also to
blame?

In my experience BT are always to blame. They are the worst company in
the entire universe.

Not my experience thankfully. Virgin or Talk Talk IME but not BT.