Friend in USA - cheapest way for them to call me UK

Old May 28th 09, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

Default Friend in USA - cheapest way for them to call me UK

I have a friend in USA , shes there touring all over USA for the next month
she will be calling via mobile , sim card bought locally

Now i also have a voiphone ( UK ) 0560 number

A) will that be cheaper for her to call rather than
my own BT landline

B) how would she call
+44 0560 ? would that work

C) any other ideas and recommendations such
as setting up a voip USA number

IDEAS PLEASE !

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 29th 09, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On 2009-05-28, securiy wrote:
I have a friend in USA , shes there touring all over USA for the next month
she will be calling via mobile , sim card bought locally

Now i also have a voiphone ( UK ) 0560 number

A) will that be cheaper for her to call rather than
my own BT landline

Probably not. It wouldn't surprise me if they charged any +44 number
that didn't begin with 1 or 2 as "UK Mobile" rate.

B) how would she call
+44 0560 ? would that work

+44 560... and that would depend on the carrier.

C) any other ideas and recommendations such
as setting up a voip USA number

Take a look at www.ipkall.com - free Seattle area number, just point it
at your SIP address.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
Old May 29th 09, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

many thanks , it takes 3 days for number to come thru and
be active from ipkall , but could be useful as her simcard
provides free calls aftr 7m to any USA number which ipkall
can forward to me

in the meantime
discovered i can phone her mobile in in usa
from voiphone for 1.5 per minute , thats pretty damn good !

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 29th 09, 05:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
cybuerke

securiy wrote:

in the meantime
discovered i can phone her mobile in in usa
from voiphone for 1.5 per minute , thats pretty damn good !

Don't forget that she'd also have to pay a little for the privilege of
answering you!
Old May 29th 09, 06:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"securiy" wrote in message
I have a friend in USA , shes there touring all over USA for the next month
she will be calling via mobile , sim card bought locally

Now i also have a voiphone ( UK ) 0560 number

A) will that be cheaper for her to call rather than
my own BT landline

B) how would she call
+44 0560 ? would that work

C) any other ideas and recommendations such
as setting up a voip USA number

IDEAS PLEASE !

Set up an account with orbtalk.co.uk, it is immaterial which
STD code you choose.
Then set up an account with ipkall.com which will give you
a Washington State number.

In the account details for ipkall select:

account type = SIP
SIP phone number = orbtalk 7 digit user ID, not the phone number!!
SIP proxy = talk.orbtalk.co.uk
password = ipkall password

now when the Washington number is dialled the call is forwarded
to the device logged into the Orbtalk account.

Works well for me.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 29th 09, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
securiy

Don't forget that she'd also have to pay a little for the privilege of
answering you!

REALLY , please advise more details , we spoke using voipfone
last night for an hour ! will she have any credit left !

--
------------------------------
No links here , nup

Old May 29th 09, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

securiy schreef:
I have a friend in USA , shes there touring all over USA for the next month
she will be calling via mobile , sim card bought locally

Now i also have a voiphone ( UK ) 0560 number

A) will that be cheaper for her to call rather than
my own BT landline

B) how would she call
+44 0560 ? would that work

C) any other ideas and recommendations such
as setting up a voip USA number

IDEAS PLEASE !

Take a look at the Callcentric site, if this is something for you/her.
Also, Sipbroker might be of your interest.....
Callcentric also supports iNUM
--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old May 29th 09, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

On Fri, 29 May 2009 12:44:48 +0100, "securiy"
wrote:

Don't forget that she'd also have to pay a little for the privilege of
answering you!

REALLY , please advise more details , we spoke using voipfone
last night for an hour ! will she have any credit left !

If you are calling an actual US mobile number then she'll either pay
to receive your call or it comes out of her inclusive minutes, that is
how the mobile system works in the US, you always pay to receive
calls, not just when roaming.

From a BT line using Call 18185 you can call the US for 0.5p/min.

Using Vyke (VoIP) you can call the US for 2.1p for an hour.
Old May 30th 09, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On 2009-05-29, securiy wrote:
many thanks , it takes 3 days for number to come thru and
be active from ipkall , but could be useful as her simcard
provides free calls aftr 7m to any USA number which ipkall
can forward to me

That's.. slow. Mine took under 5 minutes to work, I was issued my number
straight away - though this was nearly 2 years ago.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
Old May 31st 09, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
Soruk typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
:
: That's.. slow. Mine took under 5 minutes to work, I was issued my
: number straight away - though this was nearly 2 years ago.

When I first took out an Ipkall number it stated on the website to allow
24 hours for activation, but the one I activated 6 months or so ago was
live in as you say a few minutes.

Ivor