TalkTalk Bill Change - Why???

Old June 6th 09, 12:00 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Jane T

Default TalkTalk Bill Change - Why???

TalkTalk used to send me a paper bill but then they changed it and sent my
bill electronically (email). I have no problem with this, I am happy for
the company to save money under the pretence of carbon footprint.

Now TalkTalk have informed me that they will no longer send me a bill but I
have to go to the trouble of logging into my account to view my bill.

WHY????

What is it with telecoms companies. Every other company has the decency to
send me an invoice, why don't they. Imagine the situation where no one ever
sends you an invoice again and to view your invoices you have to set up an
on-line account with every vendor you purchase from.

Why do they want to waste my time and force me to log into my account to
view my bill? It has got to be a commercial reason, does anyone know what
it is?

This is what they put in their email

It's safer as MyAccount is password protected.
You can view the details of any other bills at the same time, so it's easy
to see who you've been calling regularly and add them to your FREE Calling
Circle for discounted call rates.
You can print a copy of your bill, if you require copies for your records.

Thanks TalkTalk, you are doing me a favour.

Sigh!

Old June 6th 09, 12:23 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Jane T" wrote in message
[...]

Crap company, crap service....
Doesn't that ring any bells for you?
Like requesting a MAC and going elsewhere?

George

Old June 6th 09, 09:08 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:23:11 +0100, "George Weston"
wrote:

"Jane T" wrote in message
[...]

My partner and I both signed up to TT phone and BB package. Great
deal.... service was terrible and after much ado, incompetence and
stupidity in their responses, I dumped them and went back to BT who
welcomed me back with open arms and no charge. TT were unable to stop
the return to BT and still scream for their money a year later. They
can spin on it!

My partner, different address and not so feisty, is still with TT. At
least once a week she loses phone or BB, sometimes both, occasionally
for two days or more! Yet when with BT never missed a beat.

Keep away from the moppets if you value your sanity.

Old June 6th 09, 09:30 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Christof Meerwald

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.telecom.broadband.]
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:00:34 +0100, Jane T wrote:
[...]
Now TalkTalk have informed me that they will no longer send me a bill but I
have to go to the trouble of logging into my account to view my bill.

It surely can't be worse than BT's paper-free billing where they let you
wait for about a minute to download each bill.

Christof

http://cmeerw.org sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Old June 6th 09, 10:18 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Pandy

"Paul" wrote in message
My partner, different address and not so feisty, is still with TT. At
least once a week she loses phone or BB, sometimes both, occasionally
for two days or more! Yet when with BT never missed a beat.

At least once a week, wow! So many of these online tales about TT, yet I've not
met anyone in real life who's had these sort of problems. I know several people
on TT and none have had anything more than trivial, easily sorted problems.

I've got a company provided broadband line, but as the kids were getting into
youtube, iplayer and other high bandwidth applications and I thought my employer
may start to whinge at the usage, I signed up for the TT offering at 6.50
including offpeak landline calls (and now 0845/0870 & local daytime calls). It
was only costing me about 3 more than I was paying for calls previously. I
expected it to be crap, belivieng all the online horror stories, but I still had
the company broadband as backup, it was only costing me 3 a month, so I didn't
really care if it was crap.

But it has been very reliable, we use it all the time now. The phone service,
which I've been using for 5 years or so (CPS until last year), I've not had a
single problem with. I'm very glad I'm not paying the rip-off prices some other
broadband providers charge.

--
Andy

Old June 6th 09, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Pandy

"Christof Meerwald" wrote in message
["Followup-To:" header set to uk.telecom.broadband.]
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:00:34 +0100, Jane T wrote:
[...]
Now TalkTalk have informed me that they will no longer send me a bill but I
have to go to the trouble of logging into my account to view my bill.

It surely can't be worse than BT's paper-free billing where they let you
wait for about a minute to download each bill.

It's better than BT's AIRI, it gives you a summary of the latest bill when you
login and it's quick (although I guess it'll slow down when everyone has to use
it).

--
Andy

Old June 6th 09, 10:25 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Pandy

"Jane T" wrote in message
TalkTalk used to send me a paper bill but then they changed it and sent my
bill electronically (email). I have no problem with this, I am happy for
the company to save money under the pretence of carbon footprint.

Now TalkTalk have informed me that they will no longer send me a bill but I
have to go to the trouble of logging into my account to view my bill.

WHY????

What is it with telecoms companies. Every other company has the decency to
send me an invoice, why don't they. Imagine the situation where no one ever
sends you an invoice again and to view your invoices you have to set up an
on-line account with every vendor you purchase from.

Why do they want to waste my time and force me to log into my account to
view my bill? It has got to be a commercial reason, does anyone know what
it is?

Don't know - it can't be a cost thing, possibly data protection obsession?
Don't BT do the same?

--
Andy

Old June 6th 09, 10:32 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Pandy

"George Weston" wrote in message
Crap company, crap service....
Doesn't that ring any bells for you?
Like requesting a MAC and going elsewhere?

As a matter of interest - which telcos email you a bill? AIRI BT don't.

--
Andy

Old June 6th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
cybuerke

Andy Pandy wrote:

At least once a week, wow! So many of these online tales about TT, yet I've not
met anyone in real life who's had these sort of problems. I know several people
on TT and none have had anything more than trivial, easily sorted problems.

--
Andy

That's also been my experience. Let's face it, most of us are with them
for the price only. Don't expect five star treatment, 'cos it ain't
gonna happen - no matter what's in the sales puff. You need to have the
ability to sort out minor problems yourself, perhaps with the help of a
search engine, or failing that, online with their excellent members' forum.

If you need paper bills, or if you have to pay your bill with a postal
order, it'll cost. Cheap is cheap, and long may it remain so. :-)
Old June 6th 09, 03:43 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"Jane T" wrote in message
TalkTalk used to send me a paper bill but then they changed it and sent my
bill electronically (email). I have no problem with this,

No need to read your email any further then. It was a waste of time
for you to post.