S450IP oddity

Old June 6th 09, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

Default S450IP oddity

Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old June 6th 09, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Dave Saville wrote :
Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.

Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?

Old June 6th 09, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dave Saville schreef:
Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.

Check your dialplan, also check if you have disabled your local call
settings, which dials your country and city prefix.
somewhere in the "detecting" it goes wrong.
There are no hidden prefixes ? (other brand handset)

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old June 6th 09, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:20:49 UTC, Jono
wrote:

Dave Saville wrote :
Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.

Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?

Good thinking that man - will try.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old June 7th 09, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dave Saville schreef:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:30:55 UTC, lid wrote:

Dave Saville schreef:
Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.

Check your dialplan, also check if you have disabled your local call
settings, which dials your country and city prefix.

I have checked that dial plan so many times. Not even a close match
and as I said, other numbers that start the same are routed correctly.
The option to insert local number is turned off - it gets in the way
of BT services - like it sticks the local code in front of 1471 :-)

somewhere in the "detecting" it goes wrong.
There are no hidden prefixes ? (other brand handset)

No only the S450IP's own handsets.

Maybe play with the way dialtones are send,
audio, sip info, RFCxxxx

I guess last thing to do is to reset to factory settings,
and configure again.
this phone has original Siemens software ?
and software update is switched on ?

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

VoIP/SIP switched by:
www.mysipswitch.com
Old June 8th 09, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bodincus

Jono:
Dave Saville wrote :
Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.

Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?

And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?
That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
connectivity to that specific number.
It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
you enabled on your handset.
Hard to say without a SIP trace...
--
Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------
Old June 9th 09, 08:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:14:34 UTC, Bodincus wrote:

Jono:
Dave Saville wrote :
Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
on the end of the number in the directory.

Confused.

Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?

And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?

Off

That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
connectivity to that specific number.

So *one* number out of the whole 01689 range is not routable? I don't
think so. And I fail to see how the S450 would reroute to fixed line
when it has been specifically told not to.

It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
you enabled on your handset.

No, it's our Doctors. And again, the fallback is off.

Hard to say without a SIP trace...

Might try that - Thanks for the idea.

--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old June 9th 09, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bodincus

Dave Saville wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:14:34 UTC, Bodincus wrote:
And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?

Off

Hmmm... Something might be forcing the phone to use the landline
regardless then.
That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
connectivity to that specific number.

So *one* number out of the whole 01689 range is not routable? I don't
think so. And I fail to see how the S450 would reroute to fixed line
when it has been specifically told not to.

Sorry to dismiss your idea that an area code is ONE range, it isn't.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi...ed/sabcde2.xls

Check which provider has been allocated with the number range *that
specific number* belongs to.
It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
you enabled on your handset.

No, it's our Doctors. And again, the fallback is off.

Is it a surgery? NHS phone systems are really duff...
Science fiction hypothesis, but the Doctor's number might be set - being
an emergency service - to reject calls from VoIP numbers, or numbers
that don't have a connected address in the Emergency Services Address
database, and instruct the Siemens through SIP messages to dial through
the landline. What CLI do you present to the callee? Does the CLI you
use have a record in the Emergency Services Addresses database?
--
Bodincus - The Y2K Druid