BE Broadband: Applying for before BT line is ready ?

Old June 7th 09, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default BE Broadband: Applying for before BT line is ready ?

Bit of a complicated story.

Our lad is moving into student accommodation (rented house) with five of his
friends on July 1st. I'm sorting out the internet for them. They are in and
area covered by BE's LLU network.

I've contacted the present occupier, he will cease the present BT phone line
on June 18th. I spoke to BT and they will enable the line in my name from July
3rd.

At what point can I apply to BE for provide an ADSL service ? I don't have a
guaranteed phone number from BT yet, that won't be confirmed until July 3rd
itself, but I do have a BT Order Number.

How *savvy* are BE ? If I apply now, and give them the BT order number can
they start the process so that the ASDL gets enabled on the same day as the BT
line, or is it safer to wait until after July 3rd, and apply then ?

I really don't wish to initiate any BT/BE chaos vortices !!

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old June 7th 09, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:14:11 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

Bit of a complicated story.

Our lad is moving into student accommodation (rented house) with five of his
friends on July 1st. I'm sorting out the internet for them. They are in and
area covered by BE's LLU network.

I've contacted the present occupier, he will cease the present BT phone line
on June 18th. I spoke to BT and they will enable the line in my name from July
3rd.

At what point can I apply to BE for provide an ADSL service ? I don't have a
guaranteed phone number from BT yet, that won't be confirmed until July 3rd
itself, but I do have a BT Order Number.

I had my new phone number five days before we moved into this house in
February from a guy in BT customer service .