Siemens A580IP s-l-o-w web...

Old June 8th 09, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

Default Siemens A580IP s-l-o-w web...

Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.

It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
What on earth have they done?

Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:

Gordon
Old June 8th 09, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Gordon Henderson schreef:
Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.

It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
What on earth have they done?

Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:

Gordon

I guess it somehow flashes the data into a slow media type of m e m o r
y . .
But it can't sing Daisy, Daisy, .......

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old June 8th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bodincus

Gordon Henderson:
Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.

It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
What on earth have they done?

Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:

Gordon

Hi Gordon

1. First of all have a valid SIP registration in place, and disable the
Giganet registration. A Siemens phone at first boot, factory settings,
is very busy in the first three minutes registering with Giganet and
unnecessarily polling the SIP registrations, even if empty. Give it
something to cling on.
2. Check the network settings in the phone: if you're using DHCP, be
sure your router doesn't set itself as DNS server instead of passing on
the connection DNS servers. I always set static IP settings.
3. I have experienced massive delays in Siemens phones when the GUI has
to pull off a dropdown list. This has been reported to Siemens umpteen
times, to no avail. I found that reloading the page multiple times
(CTRL-F5) speeds up the GUI a bit.

HTH
--
Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------
Old June 8th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

wrote in message
Gordon Henderson schreef:
Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.

It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
What on earth have they done?

Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:

Gordon

I guess it somehow flashes the data into a slow media type of m e m o r y
. .
But it can't sing Daisy, Daisy, .......

A little trivia:
The title is actually Daisy Bell, (A bicycle made for two). The verse before
the chorus is almost unknown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiWv...eature=related

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 9th 09, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Is it me, or does the A580 have a stupidly slow web interface. The
previous Siemens phones I used had a slow web interface, but this is
like accessing the web interface via a 300 baud modem.

It was taking up to a minute to load some pages. It took me the best
part of 15 miutes just to program up one base station this weekend.
What on earth have they done?

Oh - a bit of advice to anyone progrmaming them up - don't try to copy &
paste a password into it - it doesn't seem to be able to cope. Need to
type it in s-l-o-w-l-y )-:

Gordon

The web interface on the Gigaset phones uses a silly amount of
Javascript for no apparent reason, I find them annoyingly slow at times
too. I'm currently using Firefox 3.0.10 (in Linux) and find it works OK
(not great but OK), on some previous versions of Firefox it has been
mind numbingly slow.

cheers,
Paul.
Old June 9th 09, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Paul Hayes wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
[...]

I've tried Firefox Minefield as well as the current Debian version, and
Google Chrome. All very slow for no real reason. The C460IP's were slow,
but these are pathetically slow.

I suspect an overly enthusiastic developer in Siemens wanting to show
off his/her JS prowess and sitting in-front of a quad core mega gaming
desktop to do the development on...

It does annoy me that some manufacturers make it really hard to configure
things up via a web interface - Polyocm phones are another bad example -
they seem to want rebooting after every little change, rather than all
at once (like Grandstreams)

Gordon
Old June 9th 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Paul Hayes wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
[...]

Have you tried just the normal current version of Firefox 3? I'm not
too familiar with what minefield is but it seems to be some kind of
testing version for the next generation Firefox, so who knows where the
javascript support is up to in it.

I can manage A580IPs here with firefox 3.0.10 without too much trouble.

I suspect an overly enthusiastic developer in Siemens wanting to show
off his/her JS prowess and sitting in-front of a quad core mega gaming
desktop to do the development on...

I suspect the same too. I've complained to them in the past about it.
It can also make it almost impossible to remotely access phones through
port forwards sometimes too.

Old June 9th 09, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Graham. schreef:
wrote in message
Gordon Henderson schreef:
[...]

Nice one ! i liked also the HAL version in 2001

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.