Good old Plus Net down again (Mail)

Old June 10th 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Good old Plus Net down again (Mail)

Smack bang in the middle of rush hour!!

Try to schedule these things late at night please. Not prime time.
Old June 10th 09, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Paul wrote:

Smack bang in the middle of rush hour!!

Try to schedule these things late at night please. Not prime time.

Yes, half an hour ago they weren't even publishing DNS records for
portal.plus.net, mail.plus.net or news.plus.net.

I still can't log into the portal (it claims invalid user/pass)

There is mention of planned maintenance from 5:30am to 7:30am this
morning that should have "no impact", guess something didn't go as planned.

Would be nice if the status page was updated to let people know there
was a problem, would be even nicer if the status page was hosted
somewhere else on a different domain (e.g. plusnetstatus.com) so that
you can get reach it when they have major problems.
Old June 10th 09, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote:

Would be nice if the status page was updated

At least that happened at 09:00
Old June 10th 09, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:05:18 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Paul wrote:

Smack bang in the middle of rush hour!!

Try to schedule these things late at night please. Not prime time.

Yes, half an hour ago they weren't even publishing DNS records for
portal.plus.net, mail.plus.net or news.plus.net.

I still can't log into the portal (it claims invalid user/pass)

There is mention of planned maintenance from 5:30am to 7:30am this
morning that should have "no impact", guess something didn't go as planned.

Would be nice if the status page was updated to let people know there
was a problem, would be even nicer if the status page was hosted
somewhere else on a different domain (e.g. plusnetstatus.com) so that
you can get reach it when they have major problems.

LOL yes quite right. That was down too

Old June 10th 09, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Andy Burns wrote:

Paul wrote:

Smack bang in the middle of rush hour!!

Try to schedule these things late at night please. Not prime time.

Yes, half an hour ago they weren't even publishing DNS records for
portal.plus.net, mail.plus.net or news.plus.net.

I still can't log into the portal (it claims invalid user/pass)

There is mention of planned maintenance from 5:30am to 7:30am this
morning that should have "no impact", guess something didn't go as
planned.
Would be nice if the status page was updated to let people know there
was a problem, would be even nicer if the status page was hosted
somewhere else on a different domain (e.g. plusnetstatus.com) so that
you can get reach it when they have major problems.

Yes, that's a good idea.

As far as status emails are concerned, I have mine sent to a non-PlusNet
address so as still to have a fighting chance of getting them when PN's
server is down. Didn't get anything for a long time this morning, though!
Maybe they were unable to send any?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old June 10th 09, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Andy Burns wrote:
Paul wrote:

Smack bang in the middle of rush hour!!

Try to schedule these things late at night please. Not prime time.

Yes, half an hour ago they weren't even publishing DNS records for
portal.plus.net, mail.plus.net or news.plus.net.

I still can't log into the portal (it claims invalid user/pass)

Sorry about this, should now be fixed -

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1244636351.htm

There is mention of planned maintenance from 5:30am to 7:30am this
morning that should have "no impact", guess something didn't go as planned.

That's a good guess

Would be nice if the status page was updated to let people know there
was a problem, would be even nicer if the status page was hosted
somewhere else on a different domain (e.g. plusnetstatus.com) so that
you can get reach it when they have major problems.

The tool used to post updates to Service Status was also affected by the
outage so we couldn't post anything until things started creeping back
to life.

We were posting updates to Twitter from around 7.30am onwards -
http://twitter.com/plusnet