Gradwell broadband

Old June 11th 09, 08:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Default Gradwell broadband

I use Gradwell for one of my VoIP numbers and for the most part they've
been very reliable, I certainly have no complaints about them.

Yesterday I had a call from them asking if I would be interested in a new
broadband package they're bringing out, 15 quid a month and a 10Gb
download limit, the service is prioritised for VoIP.

Does anyone have any experience of Gradwell as an ISP..? As I said their
VoIP service is excellent, but never heard of anyone using their
broadband.

Ivor

Old June 11th 09, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bin me

In message , Ivor Jones
writes

I use Gradwell for one of my VoIP numbers and for the most part they've
been very reliable, I certainly have no complaints about them.

Yesterday I had a call from them asking if I would be interested in a new
broadband package they're bringing out, 15 quid a month and a 10Gb
download limit, the service is prioritised for VoIP.

Does anyone have any experience of Gradwell as an ISP..? As I said their
VoIP service is excellent, but never heard of anyone using their
broadband.

Ivor

Ivor,

I was a Gradwell VoIP customer but did not use it much, so left about 2
years ago. As you say, quality and service were very good. I also had
a marketing call from Gradwell last week, and I am looking at taking
broadband from them and going back to them for VoIP. I tend to use
Newsgroups and email, while the wife uses web browsing most. I emailed
them about Newsgroups, but the answer is not clear - I have to speak
with them again.

However, if they are offering broadband as an ISP, I am definitely
interested. From my previous experience, a well run company that is
technically competent - a rarity these days!
--
Alan
Old June 11th 09, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:05:18 UTC, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

I use Gradwell for one of my VoIP numbers and for the most part they've
been very reliable, I certainly have no complaints about them.

Yesterday I had a call from them asking if I would be interested in a new
broadband package they're bringing out, 15 quid a month and a 10Gb
download limit, the service is prioritised for VoIP.

Does anyone have any experience of Gradwell as an ISP..? As I said their
VoIP service is excellent, but never heard of anyone using their
broadband.

I don't use them for connectivity, but I use them for secondary DNS and
secondary MX. The service is unobtrusive, reasonably priced, and just
works!

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old June 12th 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spence

In article , Bin me wrote:

I tend to use
Newsgroups and email, while the wife uses web browsing most. I emailed
them about Newsgroups, but the answer is not clear - I have to speak
with them again.

I'm with Andrews & Arnold as ISP who provide Newsgroups from Gradwell. It
appears that Gradwell are dropping their newsgroups - go to
uk.net.providers.aaisp and look for the thread 'AAISP Newsgroup Access -
Feedback Requested'

--
Spence
Computing Services - because IT needn't be difficult

Old July 30th 09, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Gradwell

On Jun 12, 2:45*pm, Spence spencelayhathotmaildotcodotuk wrote:
In article , Bin me wrote:
I tend to use
Newsgroups and email, while the wife uses web browsing most. *I emailed
them about Newsgroups, but the answer is not clear - I have to speak
with them again.

I'm with Andrews & Arnold as ISP who provide Newsgroups from Gradwell. It
appears that Gradwell are dropping their newsgroups - go to
uk.net.providers.aaisp and look for the thread 'AAISP Newsgroup Access -
Feedback Requested'

We are decommissioning the server that we use to provide the AAISP
news service as well, but we will be maintaining our Gradwell
customers usenet service (news.gradwell.net) as well as adding a web
based forum (with usenet sync).

AAISP are currently working out what to do about their service
provision.

cheers
peter
Old August 1st 09, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Peter Gradwell wrote:

we will be maintaining our Gradwell
customers usenet service (news.gradwell.net) as well as adding a web
based forum (with usenet sync).

Eeek! I know you do a lot of good stuff, but has anyone ever
implemented a usenet-web gateway that comes close to not sucking?
Old August 2nd 09, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Gradwell

Andy Burns wrote:
Peter Gradwell wrote:

we will be maintaining our Gradwell
customers usenet service (news.gradwell.net) as well as adding a web
based forum (with usenet sync).

Eeek! I know you do a lot of good stuff, but has anyone ever
implemented a usenet-web gateway that comes close to not sucking?

It's very important for our customers to be able to access customer
discussion via usenet, and having a fragmented discussion would not be
helpful.

We'll be using fudforum.

cheers
peter

--
peter gradwell. gradwell. http://www.gradwell.net/
business_voip/email/web_hosting t:01225 800 810