How to get the ip address of everything on the LAN?

Old June 15th 09, 09:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul

Default How to get the ip address of everything on the LAN?

As header,
I have forgotten how to get the IP addresses of everything on the LAN.
IP addresses are given out by server.
Thanks for any feedback.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid
Old June 15th 09, 11:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:24:54 +0100
Paul wrote:

As header,
I have forgotten how to get the IP addresses of everything on the
LAN. IP addresses are given out by server.

I expect the DHCP server will report the assigned addresses, but you
didn't say what the server is ...

You could scan your LAN. Here's a free scanner:

http://www.radmin.com/download/ipscan15.exe

Old June 15th 09, 01:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul McGuinness

In message [email protected], Rob Morley
writes
Paul wrote:

As header,
I have forgotten how to get the IP addresses of everything on the
LAN. IP addresses are given out by server.

I expect the DHCP server will report the assigned addresses, but you
didn't say what the server is ...

DHCP server is via the router

You could scan your LAN. Here's a free scanner:

http://www.radmin.com/download/ipscan15.exe

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.
--
Paul McGuinness
Old June 15th 09, 04:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:07:47 +0100
Paul McGuinness wrote:

DHCP server is via the router

I expect there's a page on the web admin that lists assigned IP
addresses and related MAC addresses.

Old June 16th 09, 10:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Philip Herlihy

Paul wrote:

As header,
I have forgotten how to get the IP addresses of everything on the
LAN. IP addresses are given out by server.

I expect the DHCP server will report the assigned addresses, but you
didn't say what the server is ...

DHCP server is via the router

You could scan your LAN. Here's a free scanner:

http://www.radmin.com/download/ipscan15.exe

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Thought I'd have a look (lurking). Avira antivirus thinks it contains
something nasty.

I use: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
... warmly recommended.

Phil, London
Old June 16th 09, 02:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:39:14 +0100
Philip Herlihy wrote:

Paul McGuinness wrote:
In message [email protected], Rob Morley
writes

You could scan your LAN. Here's a free scanner:

http://www.radmin.com/download/ipscan15.exe

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Thought I'd have a look (lurking). Avira antivirus thinks it
contains something nasty.

False positive, probably based on the fact that it's a network scanner
(no surprises there then), or possibly that it's been used in a malware
kit. I often check suspect files at http://www.virustotal.com/ to see
what a load of different AV tools think, rather than relying on a
single free scanner.

I use: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
.. warmly recommended.

Scored one hit as malware on virustotal, compared to five for ipscan,
but I really don't think there's cause for concern with either of them.