I don't hear myself testing the microphone

Old June 20th 09, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Arye Hartmann

Default I don't hear myself testing the microphone

i am trying to setup a microphone for VOIP usage.

I installed Skype 2.0

In Applications --- Multimedia --- Mixer

i set the following:

1. Sound card: ESS Allegro PCI (Alsa Mixer)

2. I set the "Playback" tab to display the following Controls:
Master-Mono, PCM, Line-in, Microphone, Phone, PC speaker

3. The "Capture" tab is displaying the "Capture" control

4. In the "Switches" tab, i checked:
"Microphone Capture" and "Mic Boost (+20 dB)" options

5. The "Options" tab is displaying the following defaults:
Mic select: "Mic1" (there's an option to switch to "Mic2")
Mono Output Select: "Mix" (there's an option to switch to "Mic")

A Skype test run fails to echo my voice

Anybody out there with patience to read and comment ?

TIA

Arye

Old June 20th 09, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Arye Hartmann schreef:

i am trying to setup a microphone for VOIP usage.

I installed Skype 2.0

In Applications --- Multimedia --- Mixer

i set the following:

1. Sound card: ESS Allegro PCI (Alsa Mixer)

2. I set the "Playback" tab to display the following Controls:
Master-Mono, PCM, Line-in, Microphone, Phone, PC speaker

3. The "Capture" tab is displaying the "Capture" control

4. In the "Switches" tab, i checked:
"Microphone Capture" and "Mic Boost (+20 dB)" options

5. The "Options" tab is displaying the following defaults:
Mic select: "Mic1" (there's an option to switch to "Mic2")
Mono Output Select: "Mix" (there's an option to switch to "Mic")

A Skype test run fails to echo my voice

Anybody out there with patience to read and comment ?

TIA

Arye

I find it easier, to use a USB headset for use with VoIP/Skype,

If you do want to use the internal soundcard, be sure to select the
correct soundcard, for both in and output, also check is M$ mixer pannel
is set correctly

You should set sound in Skype itself.... Extra settings sound settings.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old June 21st 09, 06:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Arye Hartmann

lid wrote:
Arye Hartmann schreef:

[...]

correct soundcard, for both in and output, also check is M$ mixer panel
is set correctly

You should set sound in Skype itself

Where ?
..... Extra settings sound settings.

To set Skype "Options" --- "Sound devices" for
"Sound In", "Sound Out" and "Ringing" i have the the following options
to chose from:

1. "Default Device (default)"
2. "ESS Allegro PCI (hw:PCI,0)"
3. "ESS Allegro PCI (plughw:PCI,0)"
4. "hdmi"
5. "headset"

I guess, my choices would be between #2 and #3 but, which goes where
and what is the difference between them ?

Arye