Zyxel router will not show web interface!

Old June 23rd 09, 10:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

Default Zyxel router will not show web interface!

So I browse to 192.168.1.1 and get page cannot be displayed.

Install firefox, same result.

Re-boot router. Same result.

Run ipconfig /all to make sure it definitely is 192.168.1.1 which it is.

192.168.1.1 responds to lan-side ping. Internet connectivity is fine.
Just wont let me see the damn configuration screen. Can't telnet to it
either.

Hard reset of the router is next, but if anyone has any inside knowledge
on these things...

--
Regards
Jon
Old June 25th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Philip Herlihy

Jon wrote:
So I browse to 192.168.1.1 and get page cannot be displayed.

Install firefox, same result.

Re-boot router. Same result.

Run ipconfig /all to make sure it definitely is 192.168.1.1 which it is.

192.168.1.1 responds to lan-side ping. Internet connectivity is fine.
Just wont let me see the damn configuration screen. Can't telnet to it
either.

Hard reset of the router is next, but if anyone has any inside knowledge
on these things...

Try http://192.168.1.1:8080 (worth a punt).

Try leaving it powered down for 30 minutes (I've found this calms some
errant routers).

Then hard-reset!

Phil, London