Fritz!box 5124

Old June 23rd 09, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
1506

Default Fritz!box 5124

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to disable the DSL function on
a Fritz!box 5124. That being the case does it matter if it is the
Annex A version?

Does one of the Fritz!box's LAN connections become the "WAN"
connection? I.e. will it connect to my router? And, will have to use
a crossover cable in order to do this?

Thanks
Old June 24th 09, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

1506 schreef:
Can anyone confirm that it is possible to disable the DSL function on
a Fritz!box 5124. That being the case does it matter if it is the
Annex A version?

Does one of the Fritz!box's LAN connections become the "WAN"
connection? I.e. will it connect to my router? And, will have to use
a crossover cable in order to do this?

Thanks

Check out your Fritz! manual ! LAN port 1 can be used for that, the
manual, describes this, if not, it can't be done.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old June 24th 09, 01:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:38:21 -0700, 1506 wrote:

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to disable the DSL function on a
Fritz!box 5124. That being the case does it matter if it is the Annex A
version?

Does one of the Fritz!box's LAN connections become the "WAN" connection?
I.e. will it connect to my router? And, will have to use a crossover
cable in order to do this?

Thanks

I don't have your model of Fritzbox but hopefully yours will be the same
as my 7140 in this respect. Via the browser interface select
SettingsInternetAccount Information. Then, under 'Connection' select
'Connection via LAN 1'.

Old June 24th 09, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
1506

On Jun 23, 4:24*pm, Brian A wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:38:21 -0700, 1506 wrote:
Can anyone confirm that it is possible to disable the DSL function on a
Fritz!box 5124. *That being the case does it matter if it is the Annex A
version?

Does one of the Fritz!box's LAN connections become the "WAN" connection?
I.e. will it connect to my router? *And, will have to use a crossover
cable in order to do this?

Thanks

I don't have your model of Fritzbox but hopefully yours will be the same
as my 7140 in this respect. Via the browser interface select
SettingsInternetAccount Information. Then, under 'Connection' select
'Connection via LAN 1'.

Thanks Brian,

I don't have one yet. I bricked my original Fritz!box fon. Before I
find a replacement, and upgrade to a better model, I want to be sure
it will do what I need.
Old June 24th 09, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

1506 presented the following explanation :

I bricked my original Fritz!box fon.

How?

Old June 24th 09, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
1506

On Jun 24, 11:05*am, Jono wrote:
1506 presented the following explanation :

I bricked my original Fritz!box fon. *

How?

Updating firmware and ending the process too early. A tragedy!
Old June 24th 09, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

1506 formulated the question :
On Jun 24, 11:05*am, Jono wrote:
1506 presented the following explanation :

I bricked my original Fritz!box fon. *

How?

Updating firmware and ending the process too early. A tragedy!

Surely not irreversable..?

Old June 24th 09, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
1506

On Jun 24, 11:05*am, Jono wrote:
1506 presented the following explanation :

I bricked my original Fritz!box fon. *

How?

Updating firmware and ending the process too early. *A tragedy!

Surely not irreversable..?

I downloaded the "fix" software from AVM and messed with it for
hours. My browser still cannot "reach" it.
Old June 26th 09, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Did you try and reach it by the telephone connected to it??

I bricked my 7170 with an electirc power cut when updating the frimware and
manage to unbrick by the telephone method.

Can you do that with yours?

Nigel

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of garden
http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels Music:-
http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.p...tails&uid=1535

Old June 26th 09, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
1506

On Jun 26, 7:12*am, "Nigel" wrote:
Did you try and reach it by the telephone connected to it??

I bricked my 7170 with an electirc power cut when updating the frimware and
manage to unbrick by the telephone method.

Can you do that with yours?

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I plugged a 'phone into one of the FXS ports and dialed
#991*15901590*. There is still no dial tone. When I plug my notebook
into the LAN port my browser still does not "see" the Fritz.

Another question for the group: my setup is:
Cable interface - D-Link Router with Wireless - Fritz!box fon,
other ATA's, switches, and computers

Is this OK? Fritz documentation implies that their device should
follow the Cable interface. Although since the fon only has one LAN
port that is not possible. If I upgrade to the 5124 I could do that,
but do not want to. I like to have my wireless router at the top of
the pyramid so to speak.

Adrian