Zyxel P660HW-T1 Post Office BB?

Old June 27th 09, 02:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Default Zyxel P660HW-T1 Post Office BB?

Does anyone know if this wireless router has limited features when
supplied by Post Office Broadband? I cant seem to get any configuration
options up in the web based interface (apart from connection status etc).
I want to change the wireless channel and change the wpa passphrase. Can
anyone help? Thanks... Tony
Old June 27th 09, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Tony wrote:

Does anyone know if this wireless router has limited features when
supplied by Post Office Broadband? I cant seem to get any configuration
options up in the web based interface (apart from connection status etc).
I want to change the wireless channel and change the wpa passphrase. Can
anyone help? Thanks... Tony

Are you logging in with a password of 'user' by any chance? Zyxel routers
have two modes, user and advanced. As a user you won't be able to change
anything. The 'advanced' password by default is '1234', 'user' password is
'user'.

On closer inspection, it is actually possible on some models to change
settings with the 'user' login. Just type the URL to the page and you'll be
able to get to the settings, eg /WAN.html for the DSL settings. You can even
get to the page where you upload a config file for the router, allowing you
complete control without ever knowing what the advanced password was.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
12:07:00 up 51 days, 19:19, 2 users, load average: 0.24, 0.27, 0.27

Old June 28th 09, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"alexd" wrote in message
Tony wrote:

[...]

Thanks Alexd, I will check to see.. Thanks a lot