Freshtel phone

Old June 28th 09, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robert

Default Freshtel phone

hi everyone,
I have a Binatone L1545 which is locked onto Freshtel (didn't read the
small print when I bought it). Is there a way to free it up so that I
can use it on Skype?
Thanks,
Robert
Old June 28th 09, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Robert schreef:
hi everyone,
I have a Binatone L1545 which is locked onto Freshtel (didn't read the
small print when I bought it). Is there a way to free it up so that I
can use it on Skype?
Thanks,
Robert

Skype isn't Open Source....
runs only on dedicated hardware , or as a softphone on pc's

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old June 28th 09, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Robert wrote:
hi everyone,
I have a Binatone L1545 which is locked onto Freshtel (didn't read the
small print when I bought it). Is there a way to free it up so that I
can use it on Skype?

The phone really is nothing more than a USB sound device with a HID
interface (for the number pad & display).

A couple of googles would suggest to uninstall the Freshtel software
then unplug the phone, the install Sykpe and plug the phone in.. If
you're lucky the keypat might work, but if not, the on-screen dialpag
ought to work.

Other than that, who knows...

Gordon
Old June 28th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
wrote:
Robert schreef:
hi everyone,
I have a Binatone L1545 which is locked onto Freshtel (didn't read the
small print when I bought it). Is there a way to free it up so that I
can use it on Skype?
Thanks,
Robert

Skype isn't Open Source....
runs only on dedicated hardware , or as a softphone on pc's

Freshel might as well be closed source too, so I'm not sure what
you're getting at. Skype is VoIP, much as some people might not like it,
it's there and working...

Gordon
Old June 28th 09, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Gordon Henderson schreef:
In article ,
wrote:
Robert schreef:
hi everyone,
I have a Binatone L1545 which is locked onto Freshtel (didn't read the
small print when I bought it). Is there a way to free it up so that I
can use it on Skype?
Thanks,
Robert

Skype isn't Open Source....
runs only on dedicated hardware , or as a softphone on pc's

Freshel might as well be closed source too, so I'm not sure what
you're getting at. Skype is VoIP, much as some people might not like it,
it's there and working...

Gordon

So Freshel IS a softphone, and runs on the pc ....
Then a normal USB headset will also do, don't see much use in USB "VoIP"
devices, pc needs to be running,(so there,s always a keyboard at hand)
to make or receive calls, maybe usefull for combination with netbook or
laptop.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.