Pay as you go usb broadband stick

Old June 30th 09, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CA

Default Pay as you go usb broadband stick

Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .

I dont mind buying the usb stick .

Old June 30th 09, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"CA" wrote in message
m...
Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .

I dont mind buying the usb stick .

All the PAYG do

May be still available for a fiver at:
http://www.3dongle4free.co.uk:80/

stick a normal 3 PAYG sim in it and top up the sim using a
3 phone for 5quid p.m.

Steve Terry

Old June 30th 09, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

CA wrote:
Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .

Yes, any network except Orange (I think). The one to choose really depends
on coverage and price plan.

Theo
Old July 1st 09, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

CA wrote:
Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .

I dont mind buying the usb stick .

Most of 'em do a PAYG version. For instance t-mobile's costs 25 for the
modem plus 2 per calendar day you use it, or 10 per calendar week.
Some of them also provide wifi hotspot access at a fee, and some do
overseas roaming, also at a (hefty) fee.
Old July 2nd 09, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

CA wrote:
Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .

I dont mind buying the usb stick .

I have an O2 PAYG stick, works well on both my company XP laptop, and my
own Ubuntu.

The stick was 30 IIRC
Old July 2nd 09, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

Abo wrote:
CA wrote:
Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .

I dont mind buying the usb stick .

I have an O2 PAYG stick, works well on both my company XP laptop, and my
own Ubuntu.

Same here with t-mob - plug and play with Ubuntu (UNR).

The stick was 30 IIRC

Maplin are doing the 3 PAYG stick for 19 at the moment. My analysis
indicated that 3 was more expensive to run though.
Old July 3rd 09, 01:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message
Abo wrote:
CA wrote:
Are there any usb BB sticks available that dont require you to sign up
to any sort of contract (sort of like the old 0845 56k dialups) .
I dont mind buying the usb stick .

I have an O2 PAYG stick, works well on both my company XP laptop,
and my own Ubuntu.

Same here with t-mob - plug and play with Ubuntu (UNR).

The stick was 30 IIRC

Maplin are doing the 3 PAYG stick for 19 at the moment. My analysis
indicated that 3 was more expensive to run though.

Ditch the 3 BB PAYG Sim and use a normal 3 PAYG Sim.
Put the sim in a 3 phone and top up and bolt on 5 quids worth
of internet monthly, then swap the sim into the 3g dongle

You may find the usual 3mail smtp port is charged for,
if so, use googlemail and it's SSL ports for free email

Steve Terry