BT Bussiness Hub 2700

Old July 1st 09, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default BT Bussiness Hub 2700

I have gained one and put my non BT ISPs settings into it and it is working,
much to my suprise as I thought they only worked with BT BB.
Now regarding the flashing with the other Firmware if succesfull and I not
destroy the Hub what do I gain?
Anyone done this and which web site did you use?

--
Regards,
David

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old July 1st 09, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kalyana

David wrote:
I have gained one and put my non BT ISPs settings into it and it is
working, much to my suprise as I thought they only worked with BT BB.
Now regarding the flashing with the other Firmware if succesfull and I
not destroy the Hub what do I gain?
Anyone done this and which web site did you use?

I left mine with BT firmware version 5 on and it's been fine for my non
BT ISP (AAISP) connection and VOIP.
I followed the instructions on:
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir100270...editACSurl.htm
to try to stop all updates. Plus I forwarded port 50001 to a local
machine to stop the remote management.

I found information on the 2700HGV he
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm
Old July 1st 09, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Kalyana" wrote in message
David wrote:
I have gained one and put my non BT ISPs settings into it and it is
working, much to my suprise as I thought they only worked with BT BB.
Now regarding the flashing with the other Firmware if succesfull and I
not destroy the Hub what do I gain?
Anyone done this and which web site did you use?

I left mine with BT firmware version 5 on and it's been fine for my non BT
ISP (AAISP) connection and VOIP.
I followed the instructions on:
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir100270...editACSurl.htm
to try to stop all updates. Plus I forwarded port 50001 to a local machine
to stop the remote management.

I found information on the 2700HGV he
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm

Got stuck at first step!

Home/MDC Provisioning Info Server Set configuration

I have a Home, but failing to see a link to MDC.

Can you give me a lead please?

Old July 1st 09, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

I found information on the 2700HGV he
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm

Got stuck at first step!

Home/MDC Provisioning Info Server Set configuration

I have a Home, but failing to see a link to MDC.

Can you give me a lead please?

There isn't a link on the home page you have to enter the URL directly into
the browser.

http://home/mdc

If you're already on V6 firmware then the mdc has been removed.

--

WildCardZero

Old July 1st 09, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"WCZ" wrote in message

I found information on the 2700HGV he
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm

Got stuck at first step!

Home/MDC Provisioning Info Server Set configuration

I have a Home, but failing to see a link to MDC.

Can you give me a lead please?

There isn't a link on the home page you have to enter the URL directly
into the browser.

http://home/mdc

If you're already on V6 firmware then the mdc has been removed.

Thanks
Have got through to Provisioning Info.

Can scroll down it and see the acs_url ( I am on V5.29.107.12) in the
sectionServer Set configuration, so how do I change it to the one
instructed?
Sorry I 'm making heavy weather of this.

Old July 1st 09, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 29 +

David wrote:
"WCZ" wrote in message

I found information on the 2700HGV he
http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm

Got stuck at first step!

Home/MDC Provisioning Info Server Set configuration

I have a Home, but failing to see a link to MDC.

Can you give me a lead please?

There isn't a link on the home page you have to enter the URL
directly into the browser.

http://home/mdc

If you're already on V6 firmware then the mdc has been removed.

Thanks
Have got through to Provisioning Info.

Can scroll down it and see the acs_url ( I am on V5.29.107.12) in
the sectionServer Set configuration, so how do I change it to the one
instructed?
Sorry I 'm making heavy weather of this.

I'm afraid I couldn't do it either David, but have left mine unchanged
since I bought it last November. My firmware is 5.29.107.19 and is still
working fine. hope I'm not tempting fate by stating that though.
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 29 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old July 2nd 09, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:19:28 +0100, "Flyig u 29 +"
wrote:

David wrote:
"WCZ" wrote in message

[...]

I managed to do it, following exactly the instructions. Are you using
the correct browser? It doesn't work with IE or Firefox IIRC.

--
(\__/) M.

Old July 2nd 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Mark" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:19:28 +0100, "Flyig u 29 +"
wrote

I managed to do it, following exactly the instructions. Are you using
the correct browser? It doesn't work with IE or Firefox IIRC.

Internet Explorer is what I use.

What do you use then I thought these were the only two we use. Is it BT
being different for the sake of it?

Old July 2nd 09, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:45:57 +0100, "David"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:19:28 +0100, "Flyig u 29 +"
wrote

I managed to do it, following exactly the instructions. Are you using
the correct browser? It doesn't work with IE or Firefox IIRC.

Internet Explorer is what I use.

What do you use then I thought these were the only two we use. Is it BT
being different for the sake of it?

IIRC neither IE nor Firefox have the feature to edit a web page "on
the fly". If you follow the instructions *exactly* it should work.
They do tell you to use a particular browser (Opera?).

--
(\__/) M.

Old July 2nd 09, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete Zahut

David wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:19:28 +0100, "Flyig u 29 +"
wrote

I managed to do it, following exactly the instructions. Are you
using the correct browser? It doesn't work with IE or Firefox IIRC.

Internet Explorer is what I use.

What do you use then I thought these were the only two we use. Is
it BT being different for the sake of it?

There are a few different browsers out there. The majority [1] of people
probably stick with Internet Explorer because it's included in Windows and
they don't know that others exist. Amongst the alternatives are Firefox,
Google Chrome, Safari and the one recommended in the instructions for what
you're trying to do, Opera (http://www.opera.com/)

[1] Just spend some time in places like PC World or Currys and listen to how
many people pay something like 49.99GBP to have someone come and set up
that shiny new computer that they've just bought. Most, if not all,
connections made to a computer are either colour-coded and/or shaped so that
they only go in one place and only one way - if they can't work that out and
save themselves 50-quid, then they aren't the sort of people who'll be
experimenting with and/or using alternative browsers.