VOIP with CLID

Old July 7th 09, 06:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

Default VOIP with CLID

Hello,

Some switchboards reject calls unless they have CLID.

I have set up two SIP accounts on my VOIP phone. One is from the French
provider Iliad and shows up as having a French number. The other is
webcalldirect, which is a great service but shows up as "identity witheld".

Anyone know of a way of showing up as a UK ID, either with Webcalldirect
or with another voip provider

I have tried to set up my voipuser.co.uk account on my phone, but it
won't register for some reason. Does voipuser show up an ID ?
Thanks for any input.
Old July 7th 09, 07:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sinna

Salvador Freemanson wrote:
Hello,

Some switchboards reject calls unless they have CLID.

I have set up two SIP accounts on my VOIP phone. One is from the French
provider Iliad and shows up as having a French number. The other is
webcalldirect, which is a great service but shows up as "identity witheld".

Anyone know of a way of showing up as a UK ID, either with Webcalldirect
or with another voip provider

I have tried to set up my voipuser.co.uk account on my phone, but it
won't register for some reason. Does voipuser show up an ID ?
Thanks for any input.

With all the Betamax-related clients (such as Webcalldirect), you have
to verify your number before it can be used as CallerID.
I've performed this task by downloading the client from their website,
enter the number to be used as CallerID and click verify.
Afterwards, you must setup your VoIP phone to actually use this number.
What device do you have?

Sinna
Old July 7th 09, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

On 07/07/2009 08:03, Sinna wrote:
Salvador Freemanson wrote:
[...]

Most of the time I use a wifi SIP only phone called RRPB-F1 (make
unknown) which I picked up for 30 euros on ebay. It's not too bad,once
you've got the hang of setting it up and can store 6 SIP accounts.

But I also use X-lite on my laptop.

I've just tried voipuser on the x-lite and that has ID witheld too.

I did have my Webcalldirect number verified when I set it up. You have
no option but to verify it, for some reason, if you want to buy credit.
But I've never seen the verify number used for anything.

Old July 7th 09, 08:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Don

In ,
Salvador Freemanson typed:
Hello,

Some switchboards reject calls unless they have CLID.

I have set up two SIP accounts on my VOIP phone. One is from the
French provider Iliad and shows up as having a French number. The
other is webcalldirect, which is a great service but shows up as
"identity witheld".
Anyone know of a way of showing up as a UK ID, either with
Webcalldirect or with another voip provider

I have tried to set up my voipuser.co.uk account on my phone, but it
won't register for some reason. Does voipuser show up an ID ?
Thanks for any input.

With Sipgate (www.sipgate.co.uk) you get a free UK number, and logging on to
their website you can choose to display or withhold it. If you register
with Sipgate from inside the UK you can select a geographic number when you
open you acount, but if from outside (i.e. non UK IP address) you are
restricted to a non geographic (e.g.0845) number as I recall.

Old July 7th 09, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

Salvador Freemanson wrote:
[...]

Hello again

I've checked on the webcalldirect web site. My verify phone number is
listed. But I can't find anywhere to activate the CLID. Unless it's on
the phone itself, but there I've tried the latest webcalldirect client
as well as X-lite and my wifi phone and can't find how to activate CLID
on any of them.

Old July 7th 09, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

Salvador Freemanson wrote:
[...]

Scrub that, hunting around the tabs on the webcall client, I evenutally
found a setting that activates the CLID.

Thanks for your help. I had just assumed CLID was masked!
Old July 7th 09, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
Don typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:

[snip]

: With Sipgate (www.sipgate.co.uk) you get a free UK number, and
: logging on to their website you can choose to display or withhold it.
: If you register with Sipgate from inside the UK you can select a
: geographic number when you open you acount, but if from outside (i.e.
: non UK IP address) you are restricted to a non geographic (e.g.0845)
: number as I recall.

Also, note that choosing to withhold your number on Sipgate only works for
PSTN calls. For calls to other Sipgate numbers your number is always sent.

Ivor

Old July 7th 09, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
[...]

voip.co.uk also permits election of display of CLI or not.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 8th 09, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

"Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
Hello,

Some switchboards reject calls unless they have CLID.

I have set up two SIP accounts on my VOIP phone. One is from the French
provider Iliad and shows up as having a French number. The other is
webcalldirect, which is a great service but shows up as "identity
witheld".

Anyone know of a way of showing up as a UK ID, either with Webcalldirect
or with another voip provider

I have tried to set up my voipuser.co.uk account on my phone, but it won't
register for some reason. Does voipuser show up an ID ?
Thanks for any input.

Voipfone. You get an 056 number, you can have any number you own as CLI
(), port in a real number () or buy one from them (). I have done all
three. You can choose which one presents (if any) on the web.

Old July 8th 09, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"Woody" wrote in message
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
[...]

but as far as I know they havent allowed registration of residential clients
for well over a year now - shame as the service was good.