Sipura SPA921: Sipgate and SMSListo

Old July 7th 09, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Default Sipura SPA921: Sipgate and SMSListo

I have a colleague who has just purchased a Linksys/Sipura SPA921
phone. We've got him registered with Sipgate and SMSListo (betamax),
and the phone now works happily with Sipgate.

I'd like to persuade the dialplan to route certain calls out via smslist,
but this particular variant of the Sipura software does not provide
specific slots for entering additional gateways. I've tried this test
dialplan, and it works fine on my SPA3102:

( [15]0000 S0 | xx. :5060;usr=hisuser;pwd=hispass;n at=yes )

Unfortunately, even though he has $10 or so credit on his smslisto
account, it gives him the message "Your account doesn't have enough
credits to make this call." when he tries it.

Further, even if we do finally get this working, I don't see where to
put his registered telephone number in the authentication string, so
it looks like it's going to be an uphill struggle to get outbound CLID
presented correctly.

Any suggestions for either of these problems, please?

Many thanks,
Chris
Old July 7th 09, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
I have a colleague who has just purchased a Linksys/Sipura SPA921
phone. We've got him registered with Sipgate and SMSListo (betamax),
and the phone now works happily with Sipgate.

I'd like to persuade the dialplan to route certain calls out via smslist,
but this particular variant of the Sipura software does not provide
specific slots for entering additional gateways. I've tried this test
dialplan, and it works fine on my SPA3102:

( [15]0000 S0 | xx.
:5060;usr=hisuser;pwd=hispass;n at=yes )

Unfortunately, even though he has $10 or so credit on his smslisto
account, it gives him the message "Your account doesn't have enough
credits to make this call." when he tries it.

That sounds suspiciously like the message you get from Sipgate .....

Old July 7th 09, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Rob wrote:
That sounds suspiciously like the message you get from Sipgate .....

I wondered about this. But given my test dialplan, shouldn't a number
such as 00441423nnnnnn attempt to route via SMSListo?

( [15]0000 S0 | xx. :5060;usr=hisuser;pwd=hispass;n at=yes )

To confirm my ATA dialed via SMSListo, I also tried a number (such as
01423nnnnnn) without the leading 00 and got the expected error message
response from SMSListo (something like "You must start your number with
two zeros...").

Cheers,
Chris
Old July 7th 09, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

Rob wrote:
That sounds suspiciously like the message you get from Sipgate .....

I wondered about this. But given my test dialplan, shouldn't a number
such as 00441423nnnnnn attempt to route via SMSListo?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your device/dialplan, I was just passing a
hopefully helpful comment on the recorded message received :-)

Old July 7th 09, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Rob wrote on 07/07/2009 :
( [15]0000 S0 | xx. :5060;usr=hisuser;pwd=hispass;n at=yes
)

What do the gaps achieve?

I've never seen the above format for an SPA's dialplan.

I didn't think you could use "gateway" type dialling on non SPA3x0x
devices...never tried, mind.

Old July 7th 09, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Chris wrote on :

( [15]0000 S0 | xx. :5060;usr=hisuser;pwd=hispass;n at=yes )

What do the gaps achieve?

I've never seen the above format for an SPA's dialplan.

I didn't think you could use "gateway" type dialling on non SPA3x0x
devices...never tried, mind.

It would be worth capturing what the device is actually doing using the
syslog feature.

Old July 8th 09, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Rob wrote:
Sorry, I'm not familiar with your device/dialplan, I was just passing a
hopefully helpful comment on the recorded message received :-)

It's appreciated, thank you
Chris
Old July 8th 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Chris wrote on :
( [15]0000 S0 | xx. :5060;usr=hisuser;pwd=hispass;n at=yes )

Jono wrote:
What do the gaps achieve?

Readability

It would be worth capturing what the device is actually doing using the
syslog feature.

We're doing that.

Further googling suggests that you can't route "x." type patterns
via an explicit gateway on the SPA921 (although you can on the
SPA3102). Apparently this is (probably a) fault.

I've discovered mysipswitch is dead (at least to new subscribers) and
the replacement requires Silverlight before it'll do anything
whatsoever. Sigh.

I'm struggling with pbxes.org right now. Surely it can't be that hard
to get a device to talk to two SIP providers and feed them the right
authentication/activation credentials?

Chris
Old July 9th 09, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hongtian

On 7 July, 20:36, Chris Davies wrote:
[...]

Hi Chris,

I would like to suggest you try miniSipServer. MSS is a professional
IPPBX for windows platform. In this called number analysis table, you
can configure the route type to different external line according to
different called prefix. It is very easy.

You can use external lines features of MSS to register to your voip
providers, such as sipgate or smslist.

I suggest you change your voip network to following topology:

voip_providers --- miniSipServer --- SIP phones(SPA921)

In another way, there is a simple step by step document that maybe can
benefit you.

http://www.myvoipapp.com/minisipserv..._step_by_step/
Old July 9th 09, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Hongtian wrote:
I would like to suggest you try miniSipServer. MSS is a professional
IPPBX for windows platform.

Sorry, the idea of having a proper VoIP phone that then requires a PC
to do its routing just doesn't cut it for me.

Cheers,
Chris