Which softphones/handhelds allow CLID ?

Old July 13th 09, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

Default Which softphones/handhelds allow CLID ?

Hello,

Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.

Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
and SJPhone.
I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
outfit).
Any input?
Thanks
Old July 13th 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Salvador Freemanson schreef:
Hello,

Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.

Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
and SJPhone.
I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
outfit).
Any input?
Thanks

Well, i guess thou hast answered the question thyself
otherwise try PhonerLite.
Don't forget to register the desired number with the provider in
question, this procedure must be done with their client softphone
application.
also, only one client should be logged in at the same time.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old July 13th 09, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
Hello,

Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.

Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
and SJPhone.
I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
outfit).
Any input?
Thanks

In x-lite it's the "user name" field
in my Linksys PAP2 ATA it's called "user ID"
use international format +44 etc. you need to authorise the number first,
but it looks like you have done that.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 14th 09, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

On 13/07/2009 19:33, Graham. wrote:
"Salvador wrote in message
Hello,

Now I've got CLID working on my webcalldirect (Betamax) account using
their client software, I'd like to get it working on at least some of my
collection of handheld wifi SIP phones (Pirelli, Benq, E28 plus a couple
of others customised by ISPs) as well as my Linux netbook.

Does anyone know which softwares enable CLID? I've already tried X-lite
and SJPhone.
I think the issue is connected with how Betamax services generate the
CLID, because the CLID is present using my other VOIP provider (a French
outfit).
Any input?
Thanks

In x-lite it's the "user name" field
in my Linksys PAP2 ATA it's called "user ID"
use international format +44 etc. you need to authorise the number first,
but it looks like you have done that.

Thanks, it worked for X-Lite.
I had assumed that "user name" was the same as "authorisation name".

Old July 14th 09, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson

"Salvador wrote in message
[...]

It also works for the RRPB-F1 wifi Sip phone too.
I've now authorised the webcall account with my home, mobile and mum's
phone. It's very usefull, because you can only get through to certain
services if you have a UK CLID.