O2 wireless box II

Old July 15th 09, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired

Default O2 wireless box II

Can any one tell me anything about the O2 wireless box II such as who makes
it?
Is it just a wireless router or does it have any wired ports?

Seems that I can have their "mobile customer price" as I have a PAYG mobile.
Any obvious snags?

B.E.

Old July 15th 09, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

In article ,
"Retired" wrote:

Can any one tell me anything about the O2 wireless box II such as who makes
it?

It's a Thomson TG585v7

Is it just a wireless router or does it have any wired ports?

4 ethernet ports.
Old July 16th 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeitgeist

On 2009-07-15 21:19:35 +0100, "Retired" said:

Can any one tell me anything about the O2 wireless box II such as who makes
it?
Is it just a wireless router or does it have any wired ports?

Seems that I can have their "mobile customer price" as I have a PAYG mobile.
Any obvious snags?

B.E.

I've had one of these connected to O2 20Mb service since February and
have been hugely impressed. I moved from BT, paying 22.99 for 8Mb
(never getting more than 6Mb) and now pay 9.79 for a consistent
12-16Mb service.

As for the router, it gives as powerful or better wireless coverage
than my BT Home Hub did and has been reset once once or twice in 5
months.

Old July 16th 09, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeitgeist