international VoIP numbers

Old July 15th 09, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Default international VoIP numbers

We seem to do very well indeed in this country for free geographic VoIP
numbers from the likes of Sipgate, Orbtalk, Tesco and Localphone, and
that's just of the top of my head.

So what about other countries, I have a US Washington one from IPKall.com
and recently discovered www.euteliavoip.com and acquired an Italian (Chieti)
number and a Romanian (Bucharest) number, they do all the UK codes too,
but I am beginning to wonder who doesn't!

So, anyone know of any other countries I could add to my collection :-)
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 16th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Graham. schreef:
We seem to do very well indeed in this country for free geographic VoIP
numbers from the likes of Sipgate, Orbtalk, Tesco and Localphone, and
that's just of the top of my head.

So what about other countries, I have a US Washington one from IPKall.com
and recently discovered www.euteliavoip.com and acquired an Italian (Chieti)
number and a Romanian (Bucharest) number, they do all the UK codes too,
but I am beginning to wonder who doesn't!

So, anyone know of any other countries I could add to my collection :-)

What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum number...

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old July 16th 09, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum number...

....I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883

Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:-)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 19th 09, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Graham. schreef:
What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum number...

...I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883

Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:-)

But not for a free account, you have to pay for that, in most countries.
And most people have Internet by now....

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old July 20th 09, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Graham. schreef:
What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum
number...

...I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883

Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:-)

But not for a free account, you have to pay for that, in most countries.

That's my point, British PSTN (Magrathea Telecom?) numbers
are freely available from many source, both domestic and international.
Other countries numbers don't seem nearly as availible without paying.

And most people have Internet by now....

Not sure what you mean, but if the Internet had been invented before
the PSTN, we wouldn't have needed the PSTN
..

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 20th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Graham. schreef:
Graham. schreef:
What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum
number...
...I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883

Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:-)

But not for a free account, you have to pay for that, in most countries.

That's my point, British PSTN (Magrathea Telecom?) numbers
are freely available from many source, both domestic and international.
Other countries numbers don't seem nearly as availible without paying.

And most people have Internet by now....

Not sure what you mean, but if the Internet had been invented before
the PSTN, we wouldn't have needed the PSTN
.

I only have ADSL2+ over my copper wires.
Most telco's offer also adsl in a package and most VSP's offer phone
service, such a VSP takes over the PSTN line, which becomes voip,
so even many homes, don't have an analog phone connection anymore, only
analog phones, that are connected to the ATA/modem/router.
That's the situation here in the Netherlands, most other dense populated
countries have the same setup i guess, our main telco in the Netherlands
, already announced it migration date from the old PSTN system, to
switch over.
It's done for PSTN, just like analog tv.
If your contacts have also ADSL, you even can make a setup, to make free
phonecalls, iNum, and Sipbroker can help you with this to make
connections between contacts on different networks.
Don't focus too much on telco's
You can also use a IP phone, which you plug directly in your router.

btw.
www.pimpmynumber.co.uk/

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old July 21st 09, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Graham. wrote:

That's my point, British PSTN (Magrathea Telecom?) numbers
are freely available from many source, both domestic and international.
Other countries numbers don't seem nearly as availible without paying.

I believe in the UK the owner of the number gets a termination fee, which
presumably covers the cost of giving it away for free.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:33:11 up 76 days, 8:34, 1 user, load average: 0.20, 0.17, 0.17

Old July 21st 09, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

"Graham." wrote in message

We seem to do very well indeed in this country for free geographic VoIP
numbers from the likes of Sipgate, Orbtalk, Tesco and Localphone, and
that's just of the top of my head.

So what about other countries, I have a US Washington one from IPKall.com
and recently discovered www.euteliavoip.com and acquired an Italian
(Chieti)
number and a Romanian (Bucharest) number, they do all the UK codes too,
but I am beginning to wonder who doesn't!

So, anyone know of any other countries I could add to my collection :-)
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Have a look on Voipfone's web site, but they might not be free.