TERRIBLE service from Plus net

Old July 17th 09, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default TERRIBLE service from Plus net

I have had ongoing disconnections with Plusnet for some time over the
last few months. Apart from cut and paste responses they don't appear
to be doing a lot!

I have now had problems since last Thursday (8 days) and initially the
contact with support was good... they now seem to have gone on holiday
since Thursday and are no longer answering their support tickets.

Now almost constant disconnects since last night.

How do I get shot of these monkeys if I'm on an 18 month contract?

Old July 17th 09, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Bassplus" wrote in message
I have had ongoing disconnections with Plusnet for some time over the
last few months. Apart from cut and paste responses they don't appear
to be doing a lot!

I have now had problems since last Thursday (8 days) and initially the
contact with support was good... they now seem to have gone on holiday
since Thursday and are no longer answering their support tickets.

Now almost constant disconnects since last night.

How do I get shot of these monkeys if I'm on an 18 month contract?

I note that you haven't posted on the plusnet.service.customer-feedback
newsgroup.
There are usually one or two of Plusnet's senior customer service people
monitoring that group who tend to help "unstick" problems such as yours.

George

Old July 17th 09, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:42:27 +0100, "George Weston"
wrote:

"Bassplus" wrote in message
.. .
I have had ongoing disconnections with Plusnet for some time over the
last few months. Apart from cut and paste responses they don't appear
to be doing a lot!

I have now had problems since last Thursday (8 days) and initially the
contact with support was good... they now seem to have gone on holiday
since Thursday and are no longer answering their support tickets.

Now almost constant disconnects since last night.

How do I get shot of these monkeys if I'm on an 18 month contract?

I note that you haven't posted on the plusnet.service.customer-feedback
newsgroup.
There are usually one or two of Plusnet's senior customer service people
monitoring that group who tend to help "unstick" problems such as yours.

I wasn't aware there was one, but thanks anyway. I'm sick and tired
chasing them up and I'd rather just leave now even though they are the
cheapest.

I thought they also monitored this group, hence the post.

Old July 17th 09, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Bassplus" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:42:27 +0100, "George Weston"
wrote:

"Bassplus" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

They sometimes do but you'll probably get a quicker result from the plusnet
group.
I note that you've sent this via Google so I'm assume you haven't set up
your email client for newsgroups?
You'll need to do this via Plusnet's news server, which is called
news.plus.net

Hope that helps,

George

Old July 17th 09, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:46:32 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:42:27 +0100, "George Weston"
wrote:

"Bassplus" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Looking on the website it seems they have made it as difficult as they
can to request a MAC. You can ONLY do it by ringing them Mon/Fri 9 to
5:30 or by writing a letter to the head office!! So basically if
you're working beyond office hours you're stuffed!!

Great!

Old July 17th 09, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:50:58 +0100, "George Weston"
wrote:

"Bassplus" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:42:27 +0100, "George Weston"
wrote:

"Bassplus" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks. It looks dead over there too!
Old July 17th 09, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

[...]

Clearly your last sentence is untrue. There is nothing to stop you writing
them a letter. However, getting a MAC code will not prevent you having to
pay for your contractual obligations unless you can prove they are at fault.

As for the "Fault" you have given no information as to what it is. There are
numerous faults that may, or may not, be things within Plusnet's control. If
any of them are to do with your equipment or the BT line moving ISP is not
going to make any difference. Indeed it may make things worse. Why not
describe the problem and maybe somebody on this NG will be able to help you.
Repeated disconnects are commonly as a result of faulty equipment or wiring
at the customer's premises and nothing to do with the ISP.

Peter Crosland

Old July 17th 09, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:28:06 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

[...]

That's what I said only you seem to have trouble seeing it. Who else
is so obstructive in obtaining a MAC than this? Or perhaps that's all
part of the lack of service! Call me a cynic if you must.

However, getting a MAC code will not prevent you having to
pay for your contractual obligations unless you can prove they are at fault.

You don't say!

As for the "Fault" you have given no information as to what it is. There are
numerous faults that may, or may not, be things within Plusnet's control. If
any of them are to do with your equipment or the BT line moving ISP is not
going to make any difference. Indeed it may make things worse. Why not
describe the problem and maybe somebody on this NG will be able to help you.
Repeated disconnects are commonly as a result of faulty equipment or wiring
at the customer's premises and nothing to do with the ISP.

Peter Crosland

In this case they have nothing to do with my end which is why I never
asked for help in diagnosing the problem, otherwise I obviously would
have done. Try reading what I said properly. If there's any part of
it you don't understand, ask again and I'll try and simplify it for
you.

Old July 17th 09, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 29 + on netbook

Bassplus wrote:
I have had ongoing disconnections with Plusnet for some time over the
last few months. Apart from cut and paste responses they don't appear
to be doing a lot!

I have now had problems since last Thursday (8 days) and initially the
contact with support was good... they now seem to have gone on holiday
since Thursday and are no longer answering their support tickets.

Now almost constant disconnects since last night.

How do I get shot of these monkeys if I'm on an 18 month contract?

Have you posted this complaint in the plusnet.service.customer-feedback
newsgroup? If you post the ticket number then one of their senior customer
support staff who monitor the group will most likely chase it up for you.
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 29 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old July 17th 09, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Bassplus" wrote in message
news On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:28:06 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

[...]

Can you do that for me too, Peter's suggestion is very relevant,
and said more or less what I was going to say had he not
done so first. Why are you so dismissive?

Let me ask you the $64.000 question.
Do these disconnection episodes coincide with your router losing
sync, or is sync maintained throughout?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%