Virgin e-bill discount

Old July 19th 09, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
kkm

Default Virgin e-bill discount

I've had a series of emails from Virgin Media after I pointed out that
there was no 1 discount for e-billing on my latest bill.

Virgin say "Your concern about the absence of the e-billing discount on
your recent bill is genuine" which I presume is Virgin speak for 'its a
fair cop guv'.

They say however they cannot do anything about this because I don't have
a Customer Verification Password, even though I don't actually even need
a password to access e-billing, just my email address and a pin code.
I've had to write to them to ask for a CVP, but with the state of the
postal service in London right now, heavens knows if they'll ever get
it; I don't take the virgin phone service (does anyone ??) and calling
them on the 0845 could easily cost me more than the pound in question.

So it looks like Virgin are going to force me to make them an interest
free loan for a month of 1. Not a lot you might say, but if they were
doing the same thing to a million customers ....... some less charitable
folk might simply call it theft.

Does anyone know who I can complain to, once they have taken the money
they are not entitled to. I've had some dealings with APACS in the past
(sadly defunct from July 6th this year) but that has been when my (ex)
bank paid out on a cancelled direct debit. I could go to the Police I
guess, but I can't see them being bothered about 1, unless it was me
stealing a chocolate bar worth 1 from a local shop.

I can't change my broadband provider as DSL seems to be a problem, but
the nice thing about Virgin is there are other areas of the business one
can boycott, such as Virgin Atlantic, which atleast hits Branson in his
pocket and might spur him to get Virgin Media to improve.

--
Kevin

Old July 19th 09, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
turbo

Does anyone know who I can complain to, once they have taken the money
they are not entitled to. I've had some dealings with APACS in the past
(sadly defunct from July 6th this year) but that has been when my (ex)
bank paid out on a cancelled direct debit. I could go to the Police I
guess, but I can't see them being bothered about 1, unless it was me
stealing a chocolate bar worth 1 from a local shop.

Try Trading Standards, they will certainly take it up, and if others are
found to have already complained of similar illegal direct debits, then
those will be taken into account.

Its not your problem to correct it, once you have told them ( and have that
proof) - Any further deductions of the 1 are plain and simple theft.
Try a County Court case , it shouldn't go past the issue of proceedings
before they correct it.

Old July 19th 09, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:23:18 GMT, "turbo"
wrote:

Try Trading Standards, they will certainly take it up, and if others are
found to have already complained of similar illegal direct debits, then
those will be taken into account.

If I am correct money taken by DD wrongly can and should be refunded
by the bank concerned IMMEDIATLY it always as been when I have had
money taken by one or two robbing companies in the land .
Old July 19th 09, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Peter Andrews

"kkm" wrote in message

[...]

I've just looked at mine every month I get a 1.22 vat credit and, as you
have pointed out, this month no discount for ebilling!

Any idea what the VAT credit is for?

I shall be ringing to cancel my phone and TV shortly so shall ask about the
ebilling discount.

Peter

Old July 19th 09, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Theo Markettos

In uk.telecom.broadband Peter Andrews wrote:
I've just looked at mine every month I get a ?1.22 vat credit and, as you
have pointed out, this month no discount for ebilling!

Any idea what the VAT credit is for?

They haven't adjusted their VAT rate down from 17.5%, because that would
mean adverts like "10Mbit Broadband for only GBP19.51 a month!" (and
possibly lots of billing system pain). So they keep the cost at GBP20 and
just issue a 49p VAT credit for the difference. When VAT goes back up the
credit will disappear.

Theo
Old July 19th 09, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
kkm

In article , Peter Andrews
writes

"kkm" wrote in message

I've just looked at mine every month I get a 1.22 vat credit and, as you
have pointed out, this month no discount for ebilling!

Any idea what the VAT credit is for?

I shall be ringing to cancel my phone and TV shortly so shall ask about the
ebilling discount.

Peter

AFAIK the VAT credit is due to the reduction of VAT to 15% which Virgin
was erm very slow off the mark to offer people.

I didn't think my bank would refund, as Virgin have sent out a statement
as required, and the Direct Debit is valid. I'll call them next week
though.

--
Kevin

Old July 19th 09, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Gary Baldi

On Jul 19, 2:23*pm, "turbo" wrote:

Try a County Court case , it shouldn't go past the issue of proceedings
before they correct it.

Oooh, I wouldn't be so sure if Virgin Media are anything like their
counterparts at Virgin Holidays.

They fight tooth and nail every step of the way......disregard Court
directions, don't sign documents with a Statement Of Truth.........the
list is endless, trust me.

Virgin Holidays could offer me a permanent holiday for the rest of my
life, all-inclusive, my choice of destination entirely gratis and I'd
still tell them to shove it up Branson's ass.