Draytek VOIP as an ATA

Old July 19th 09, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

Default Draytek VOIP as an ATA

Is there a way to make my old Draytek 2800VG work as a plain VoIP ATA. I
have configures the SIP accounts to register via LAN but they dont register.
In fact the time wont set, anything that would normally go on the WAN will
work over the LAN.

I have set the default gateway on the router to the address of my new
router, the new router does not have SIP, it has ports forwarded as they
should but nothing. If i use a standalone SIP phone, it can register fine.

Is there an issue with Draytek registering SIP via the LAN instead of the
regular WAN?????

Thanks in anticipation.

P.S the Draytek Forums came up with nothing.

Old July 19th 09, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

TheDragon schreef:
Is there a way to make my old Draytek 2800VG work as a plain VoIP ATA. I
have configures the SIP accounts to register via LAN but they dont register.
In fact the time wont set, anything that would normally go on the WAN will
work over the LAN.

I have set the default gateway on the router to the address of my new
router, the new router does not have SIP, it has ports forwarded as they
should but nothing. If i use a standalone SIP phone, it can register fine.

Is there an issue with Draytek registering SIP via the LAN instead of the
regular WAN?????

Thanks in anticipation.

P.S the Draytek Forums came up with nothing.

Connect WAN Draytek with switch to LAN of PC, and use other port of
switch to connect actual router ?
(and don't use router of Draytek.)

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old July 20th 09, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

wrote in message
TheDragon schreef:
[...]

The Draytek doesn't have a WAN port. It has an internal DSL modem. The 2820
has dual WAN, that would have worked, but I only have the 2800VG version. No
WAN port

Old July 20th 09, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

TheDragon schreef:
wrote in message
TheDragon schreef:
[...]

I guess if you switch it as bridge, you loose the ATA capability ?
but if you don,t you could use an other router behind it.
All in one devices are generaly always a problem,
because they're not good in all functions,
I now have good experiences with the Sitecom DC 227 modem,
sold in most stores here in the Netherlands, connected, to a Siemens
gigaset DECT IP phone, is a exellent combination, (with a switch to
connect more devices,AP, or pc's)

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.