PlusNet just wants to be loved - again Oh dear shame it didnt last long enough for the ink to dry and keep us out of unfair contracts.

Old July 20th 09, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default PlusNet just wants to be loved - again Oh dear shame it didnt last long enough for the ink to dry and keep us out of unfair contracts.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04...back_packages/

PlusNet just wants to be loved - again

By Chris Williams Get more from this author

Posted in Telecoms, 13th April 2007 12:58 GMT

Analysis Beleaguered ISP PlusNet is attempting a comeback with a suite
of new deals, backed by its new owner BT.

PlusNet's 200,000 subscribers were picked up by BT at the tail end of
a year which saw its long standing good reputation dismantled at its
own hand. Technical cock ups, followed up with terrible customer
service resulted in the Sheffield-based outfit taking a pasting in
these pages, and eventually the mainstream press.

Product development director Neil Armstrong told The Register: "As a
PLC we squeezed too hard. Too many decisions were made which put
shareholders before customers."

One such decision resulted in a catastophic email failure and customer
data loss. Budget Sun servers were stretched beyond what they were
designed to cope with. A cash injection from sugar daddy BT Retail has
paid for a new NetApp setup. PlusNet is halfway through migrating to
to the new system, so far without any hiccups.

It'll be a long road back, however. In 2005 PlusNet went from about
100,000 subscribers to about 195,000, growing faster than the pack who
were riding the wave of broadband uptake. The catalogue of disasters
last year meant subscriber numbers were static, but the churn rate
increased. The 67m BT laid down for PlusNet surprised many, then, but
unlike when Carphone Warehouse bought AOL, there were draws beyond the
current customer base.

At a media briefing on Thursday, Neil Rogers, head of 21CN, BT's next
generation network, said one of the main aims of the nationwide
upgrade project was to automate more of broadband users' interaction
with the firm, with more "click to order" services. When it bought
PlusNet, BT pointed to the firm's experience in running banking-style
online customer services. In the early days of dial up ISPs in the UK,
the only way to get an email address was to fax an order to Demon,
which operated the system back then, until PlusNet developed an
automated web form.

The torrent of complaints invoked by 2006's failures taught PlusNet
that automation cannot do everything, however, and it has since added
more call centre staff. Unanswered calls bred more complaints, sending
customer care into a downward spiral it took weeks to recover from.

The plan is for BT to run PlusNet hands-off, selling its broadband via
BT Wholesale as it does any other IPStream ISP. It will get access to
BT's extra bells and whistles, however, like Home Hub, Fusion
mobile/WiFi phone, and later the IPTV offering BT Vision. PlusNet will
continue as an independent business to the extent that the 10 per cent
of PlusNet customers served by telephone lines which have been
unbundled by Tiscali will stay off BT's network, Armstrong said.

Despite the sale of Pipex apparently falling through, the broadband
market is set for more consolidation this year, with many tipping
Tiscali to be put on the block. Without Pipex and Tiscali, PlusNet
would be left the biggest "tier 2" provider, a category which has
taken the biggest hit from the entry of Sky, Orange, and TalkTalk. The
consensus is there will be room for only a few smaller operators, each
needing its own unique pull to survive. Armstrong said: "There are
people out there who don't want to deal with a company like BT. Our
aim is to be the best tier 2 provider. Sensible people know 'free' is
********."

In a bid to win back customer trust, PlusNet's new packages all run on
a one month rolling contract, rather than the 12 and 18 month lock in
which TalkTalk uses to make its "free" offer make business sense. It
reckons it can use the "unlimited" broadband controversy to its
advantage by being up front about download limits and bandwidth
throttling. Armstrong, a broadband industry veteran, says the
anticipated popularity of P2P video application Joost will test many
ISPs' current policies beyond their breaking point.

PlusNet built its formerly good reputation on word of mouth
recommendations as the ISP for people who understand the internet. Its
aiming to reclaim that title with new packages which are designed and
customisable depending on how users want to use their connection.
There's more details here.

Only time will tell whether it's learnt its lesson. And if not, you'll
read it here.

Old July 20th 09, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:09:14 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

[...]

I wonder if the executive department at BT would be keen to know
about my tale of woe with one of their *arms*? I've always found BT
management take complaints very seriously. Especially when it might
affect their core business.

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need to
expend more effort in this.

All this as a result of the simplest support issue. I don't know,
what's the world coming to?

Old July 20th 09, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:36:20 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need to
expend more effort in this.

Have you followed the instructions and called them or sent them the
required written notice?
Old July 20th 09, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On 20 Jul 2009 10:42:59 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:36:20 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need to
expend more effort in this.

Have you followed the instructions and called them or sent them the
required written notice?

Of course I have. I'm no wibblywobbly fool.

What's it to you?

Old July 20th 09, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On 20 Jul 2009 10:49:18 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:47:59 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 20 Jul 2009 10:42:59 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:36:20 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need to
expend more effort in this.

Have you followed the instructions and called them or sent them the
required written notice?

Of course I have. I'm no wibblywobbly fool.

What's it to you?

When was this?

Why you going to sniff around the local letterboxes with a piece of
gum and bit of string! The mind boggles.

Thanks and all that but I don't need any help with MACs either,
certainly not if it's anything like your current incompetent
performance. I'd end up coughing up a 10 year contract rather than a
30 day one!

You're a bit too slippery for your own good. Glad I don't have to
smell it too!

If you spent 1% of your effort trolling, in to trying to be helpful
you might be surprised to find out you're not such a ding dong after
all?

Somehow I fear I am completely wrong, but being Christian I have to
give it a shot.
Old July 20th 09, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:57:42 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 20 Jul 2009 10:49:18 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:47:59 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 20 Jul 2009 10:42:59 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:36:20 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need
to expend more effort in this.

Have you followed the instructions and called them or sent them the
required written notice?

Of course I have. I'm no wibblywobbly fool.

What's it to you?

When was this?

Why you going to sniff around the local letterboxes with a piece of gum
and bit of string! The mind boggles.

That would indicate that it is still in a letterbox. Is this correct?

Thanks and all that but I don't need any help with MACs either,
certainly not if it's anything like your current incompetent
performance. I'd end up coughing up a 10 year contract rather than a 30
day one!

You're a bit too slippery for your own good. Glad I don't have to smell
it too!

If you spent 1% of your effort trolling, in to trying to be helpful you
might be surprised to find out you're not such a ding dong after all?

Somehow I fear I am completely wrong, but being Christian I have to give
it a shot.

This is all opinion and ranting so no response is required.

To clarify, you don't appear to have an issue with obtaining a MAC.
You have an issue with your voice provider (BT) awaiting a visit
You are leaving Plusnet.

So the issue is resolved and any tickets can be closed?

Old July 20th 09, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On 20 Jul 2009 11:10:44 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:57:42 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 20 Jul 2009 10:49:18 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:47:59 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 20 Jul 2009 10:42:59 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:36:20 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need
to expend more effort in this.

Have you followed the instructions and called them or sent them the
required written notice?

Of course I have. I'm no wibblywobbly fool.

What's it to you?
When was this?

Why you going to sniff around the local letterboxes with a piece of gum
and bit of string! The mind boggles.

That would indicate that it is still in a letterbox. Is this correct?

That would indicate it's none of your business.

Thanks and all that but I don't need any help with MACs either,
certainly not if it's anything like your current incompetent
performance. I'd end up coughing up a 10 year contract rather than a 30
day one!

You're a bit too slippery for your own good. Glad I don't have to smell
it too!

If you spent 1% of your effort trolling, in to trying to be helpful you
might be surprised to find out you're not such a ding dong after all?

Somehow I fear I am completely wrong, but being Christian I have to give
it a shot.

This is all opinion and ranting so no response is required.

No contest then. Shame, I thought you were up for it?

To clarify, you don't appear to have an issue with obtaining a MAC.

I envisage great issue with obtaining my MAC from Plusnet. I'll be
happy to be proved wrong.

You have an issue with your voice provider (BT) awaiting a visit

I have no *issue* with BT. They have done and are doing everything
they said they would do. Who could expect, or ask for more?

You are leaving Plusnet.

You bet.

So the issue is resolved and any tickets can be closed?

Be interesting to see if all this blows up what a Plusnet employee was
doing attacking, and disrupting legitimate complaint against a Plusnet
customer on usenet? For example do you have official sanction to
conduct a dirty tricks campaign? I think regardless it wont bode well
for Plusnet.
I am quite distraught and upset at this intimidation and bullying from
Plusnet. I could, and probably will be scarred for life. To make
matters worse you are not the only employee acting on and viewing this
vendetta against me.

Tippytoes old wibblywobbly,

All tickets to remain open until the issues have been resolved to our
mutual satisfaction.

Old July 20th 09, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

Default PlusNet {snipped}

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:22:26 +0100, Bassplus wrote:
To clarify, you don't appear to have an issue with obtaining a MAC.

I envisage great issue with obtaining my MAC from Plusnet. I'll be happy
to be proved wrong.

So at this time you do not have any reasonable grounds for complaining
that you not received a MAC, correct?

You are leaving Plusnet.

You bet.

In summary;
You had an issue with your voice line and have now called the right
people.

You are unhappy with Plusnet because of this, so you are leaving.
That looks like it is resolved. Glad we were able to help you here at UTB.

Be interesting to see if all this blows up what a Plusnet employee was
doing attacking, and disrupting legitimate complaint against a Plusnet
customer on usenet?

This very statement highlights the main area giving you issues Sam.
You've made an assumption and it is incorrect. I do not work for or have
any connection with Plusnet at all. I don't host with them, I don't have
service from them and I don't represent them. Making assumptions leads to
mistakes. For example, assuming your ISP is responsible for your
telephone line - they are not.

For example do you have official sanction to conduct
a dirty tricks campaign?

If you wish to make slanderous, libellous or offensive statements in
USENET you may find people pay interest in who you are.

I think regardless it wont bode well for Plusnet.

This has no basis in fact and is just your opinion.

I am quite distraught and upset at this intimidation and bullying from
Plusnet.

And I'm very offended by your language. So much so I have taken it up
with, Alexander Bartolich (who provides the free USENET posting you have
abused). Subject to his decision I will either publish your full details
so people who make use of the USENET archives can make an informed
decision about your posts and your mental capability.

You are aware that you may have commited a number of offences under the
Malicious Communications Act of 1988 and Telecommunications Act of 1997?
This will probably only result in a warning or fixed penalty but it will
be recorded. This may be interesting if you are in need of security
clearance or an CRB check at any point.

{snipped the rest as it has no useful basis in fact}
Old July 20th 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

R Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:36:20 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

Chop chop Plusnet, get me my MAC in the required time or I may need to
expend more effort in this.

Have you followed the instructions and called them or sent them the
required written notice?

Or provided a ticket reference in in any of your posts so that I can help?

I can locate your account from the IP addy that's now been disclosed but
I'm loathe to do this without you actually accepting an offer of help
from me?

I'd like to see your problems resolved to be honest (whatever they may
be) but you're really not making it easy for me to help.