Plusnet Cracking Deal ?

Old July 22nd 09, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

Default Plusnet Cracking Deal ?

After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

You know what? For her needs Plusnet seem to come out on top according to
Moneysavingexpert:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/pho...dband#cheapest)

The overall cheapest: 10Gb download limit
Plusnet Option 1. 5.99/month inc. free wireless set-up.

The Plusnet Value* package at 5.99/month is the cheapest broadband
available and has a generous 10GB daytime download limit and unlimited
downloads from midnight to 8am. Go over the download allowance during the
day and it'll cost you 2 for 2GB.

The speed is up to 8Mbps, with a free wireless router included, though
it's worth noting that traffic is quite heavily managed during peak
times, so downloaders should expect to have their speeds strangled in the
daytime. Provisions have been made for online gamers, however, who should
still find it speedy.

You also get a free wireless router and free activation with this package
but are tied into an eighteen month contract. Existing customers on an
older deal can get this, even in contract, though you won't get the free
wireless equipment and you will have to start a new eighteen month
contract.

It's worth noting that if you're in the 20% of the country that can't get
this offer (you'll be told when you enter your postcode) you'll only get
the first three months at 5.99, after this it'll set you back 11.99/
month, meaning you should try elsewhere.

QUICK FACTS. Speed: Up to 8Mbps Download Limit: 10 GB Modem & Connection
Fee Included: Yes (subject to 18 month contract) Migration Fee for
switchers: None Technical Support Phone Costs: 4p (Geographical 0114)
Traffic Shaping: Yes, strong
Old July 22nd 09, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"R Johnson" wrote in message
After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

Yes, but when it's broke it's broke...

Old July 22nd 09, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:31:08 +0100, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

"R Johnson" wrote in message
After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked
to find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I
would have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so
rather than make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up!
I'm sure that's not what he intended.... LOL.

Yes, but when it's broke it's broke...

I'll be OK. I have a vonaq 500 DSL tester. Now tell me, anyone have a
manual for it?
Old July 22nd 09, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

It's only cheap if it works. If it doesn't you're ****ed.
Old July 22nd 09, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

"R Johnson" wrote in message
After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked
to find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I
would have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so
rather than make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up!
I'm sure that's not what he intended.... LOL.

Yes, but when it's broke it's broke...

I'll be OK. I have a vonaq 500 DSL tester. Now tell me, anyone have a
manual for it?

I feel sick. Is it wireless and how does it work stuck so far up your
own arse?

Old July 22nd 09, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom

R Johnson wrote:
After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

I know it's frustrating when people rave about a service you're having
problems with (I was ready to throttle tiscali fanboys (yes, there was
one or two!) when they couldn't connect me for three months) but I've
genuinely found plusnet to be fantastic.

When you have a problem being able to telephone people who speak your
language, know what they're doing, and aren't just reading from a script
is priceless.
Old July 23rd 09, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Bassplus" wrote in message
On 22 Jul 2009 10:30:38 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

It's only cheap if it works. If it doesn't you're ****ed.

You've made it quite clear that you don't have the intellect to understand
how ADSL works in practice, and never will.

So why don't you go and join a NG more your level, like uk.trainspotting
or uk.funwithcrayons and stop making noise here

Steve Terry

Old July 23rd 09, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:34:52 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 22 Jul 2009 10:30:38 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

It's only cheap if it works. If it doesn't you're ****ed.

True of any service.

I've been with Plusnet since September 2004 (with three changes of
service as better choices came along). For 2-3 years of that, I was
mainly working at home, although only connecting to client sites on an
ad-hoc basis.

Throughout that period, I have been online almost every evening,
usually for 4-5 hours.

I can only recall 2-3 occasions when there has been a noticeable loss
of service, and the longest of those was one whole evening *once*.

Some people have not been so fortunate, but I think the majority
aren't that far off.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Going the speed of light is bad for your age.
Old July 23rd 09, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 00:29:27 +0100, "Steve Terry"
wrote:

"Bassplus" wrote in message
.. .
On 22 Jul 2009 10:30:38 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

It's only cheap if it works. If it doesn't you're ****ed.

You've made it quite clear that you don't have the intellect to understand
how ADSL works in practice, and never will.

I've made it quite clear that cocksucks like you don't have a clue
about answering very simple and straightforward questions. Though if
you wander round with your snotty noses stuck so far up your own arses
I don't suppose one could expect any less. Come outside the air is
great.

How much simpler can it be. It works or it doesn't?
Old July 23rd 09, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 00:42:33 +0100, Alex Heney
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:34:52 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

On 22 Jul 2009 10:30:38 GMT, R Johnson wrote:

After the recent rantings of a mad man here about Plusnet, I was asked to
find a cheap deal for my daughter who has some light broadband usage
requirements. I have to thank him for reminding me about Plusnet. I would
have overlooked them if it had not been for his ranting, so rather than
make people avoid them - it's given them an extra sign up! I'm sure
that's not what he intended.... LOL.

It's only cheap if it works. If it doesn't you're ****ed.

True of any service.

I've been with Plusnet since September 2004

Blablabla... But snotty nosed little ****s like you never seem to have
problems, apart from in the mind. At least we can tell plusnet to ****
off. You're stuck being a cocksuck whether you like it or not.