Tiscali customer being talked into moving to Talk-talk

Old July 23rd 09, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Tiscali customer being talked into moving to Talk-talk

A friend of ours has just been door stepped by a man from TT.
He has been conned into signing up and moving from Tiscali to TT with
the promise of a new router etc etc - and of course signing up for a new
contract.
We suspect that although Carfone Bewarehouse has bought Tiscali, they
are trying to get all customers onto their own (LLU?)network so they can
dump Tiscalis.
He didn't get the chance to ask if he will therefore loose his Tiscali
e-mail (bet he does)
I bet he has unwittingly signed up for TT phone (with its probably high
rate premium calls and no discounts)
I guess he could look into it and invoke the 14days cooling off period
but I bet TT will make it hard.
And as for going back to BT for phone or another ISP (Sky?) forget it.

Let this be a warning

Mike

PS I wonder what will happen to Tiscali dial-up service?

Old July 23rd 09, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

m wrote:
A friend of ours has just been door stepped by a man from TT.
He has been conned into signing up and moving from Tiscali to TT with
the promise of a new router etc etc - and of course signing up for a new
contract.

I heard from one of our customers the other day who had a similar house
visit. As part of their pitch the salesman told the customer that Talk
Talk now own Plusnet. The last time I checked they didn't!

Old August 4th 09, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rick

"m" wrote in message
A friend of ours has just been door stepped by a man from TT.
He has been conned into signing up and moving from Tiscali to TT with
the promise of a new router etc etc - and of course signing up for a new
contract.
We suspect that although Carfone Bewarehouse has bought Tiscali, they
are trying to get all customers onto their own (LLU?)network so they can
dump Tiscalis.

I was told that all Tiscali customers who can be moved to LLU will be moved
over by the end of 2010.

Old August 4th 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:56:46 +0100, Rick wrote:

"m" wrote in message
A friend of ours has just been door stepped by a man from TT.
He has been conned into signing up and moving from Tiscali to TT with
the promise of a new router etc etc - and of course signing up for a new
contract.
We suspect that although Carfone Bewarehouse has bought Tiscali, they
are trying to get all customers onto their own (LLU?)network so they can
dump Tiscalis.

I was told that all Tiscali customers who can be moved to LLU will be moved
over by the end of 2010.

Be interesting - no LLU at all here.

BTW, has there been anything happening re. Tiscali and TT? About 10 days
ago I was connecting at 1.8 - 1.9Mb, then it dropped over 3 or 4 days to
about 1.1, now it's back up to 1.7 - 1.8. It was a bit like this when
Homecall/Pipex went on to Tiscali.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.
Old August 4th 09, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:05:46 +0100, Plusnet Support Team
wrote:

m wrote:
A friend of ours has just been door stepped by a man from TT.
He has been conned into signing up and moving from Tiscali to TT with
the promise of a new router etc etc - and of course signing up for a new
contract.

I heard from one of our customers the other day who had a similar house
visit. As part of their pitch the salesman told the customer that Talk
Talk now own Plusnet. The last time I checked they didn't!

As ****e as Talk Talk are, I'm sure they wouldn't damage their image
even further by admitting to owning PusNet!

Old August 4th 09, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rick

The following is taken from the Tiscali website:

We've been single-minded in our determination to maintain and enhance your
current service. For the time being, you'll stay on the Tiscali network with
your email address, your billing information and your customer service
numbers all remaining the same.

So what's changing? We're planning to move Tiscali customers on to the
TalkTalk network as soon as possible so you can enjoy its full benefits as a
TalkTalk customer. The good news is that TalkTalk's Next Generation Network
is the biggest in Britain with 90% of customers who move to us saying that
they prefer it to their previous provider.

--------------------------

MMMMmmmm???

Old August 4th 09, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

On 4-Aug-2009, "Rick" wrote:

So what's changing? We're planning to move Tiscali customers on to the
TalkTalk network as soon as possible so you can enjoy its full benefits as
TalkTalk customer.

They would be better off migrating to PussNet.
Old August 4th 09, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:05:37 +0100, Rick wrote:

The following is taken from the Tiscali website:

We've been single-minded in our determination to maintain and enhance your
current service. For the time being, you'll stay on the Tiscali network with
your email address, your billing information and your customer service
numbers all remaining the same.

So what's changing? We're planning to move Tiscali customers on to the
TalkTalk network as soon as possible so you can enjoy its full benefits as a
TalkTalk customer. The good news is that TalkTalk's Next Generation Network
is the biggest in Britain with 90% of customers who move to us saying that
they prefer it to their previous provider.

--------------------------

MMMMmmmm???

An 'oh aye?' moment.

Where did you find this? I've just had a poke around but could't find
anything on that.
Old August 6th 09, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

m wrote:
A friend of ours has just been door stepped by a man from TT.
He has been conned into signing up and moving from Tiscali to TT
with
the promise of a new router etc etc - and of course signing up for
a new
contract.

I heard from one of our customers the other day who had a similar
house
visit. As part of their pitch the salesman told the customer that
Talk
Talk now own Plusnet. The last time I checked they didn't!

As ****e as Talk Talk are, I'm sure they wouldn't damage their image
even further by admitting to owning PusNet!

someones'got their facts wrong, Plusnet are owned by BT Internet, or
were last time I checked