Finally get MAC from Plusnet.. now demanding 170..how long before it's with menaces?

Old July 24th 09, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default Finally get MAC from Plusnet.. now demanding 170..how long before it's with menaces?

After 2 months (of a three month period since joining) of failed
service, lack of support, bullying and intimidation. With a complete
inability and unwillingness to solve even the simplest problem,
despite doing all the work for them. Plusnet have finally given me a
MAC.

They are now demanding 170 as the remainder of a contract which they
failed to honour. So the saga continues. Fortunately I am more than
happy to take this to BT/OFCOM and then the courts. The results of
which will be splashed all over the various forums where people take a
keen interest in ISP performance, or rather, lack of it.

However I do feel sorry for the victims of bullies like Plusnet who
are unable to defend themselves against corporate dirty tricks.

To that end I should like anyone who is having problems with Plusnet
or BT or both to contact me if they wish and I will take up the baton
on their behalf.

Email should be addressed to

Initial contact will be in strictest confidence. If there is a case to
answer I shall need real name, address and phone number.

You can of course remain anonymous and I will be happy to publish your
complaint on that basis.

Let the battle commence.

Old July 24th 09, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

They are now demanding 170 as the remainder of a contract which they
failed to honour. So the saga continues. Fortunately I am more than
happy to take this to BT/OFCOM and then the courts.

Unlikely to get to court, they will make an offer to settle.
Going to court costs them money, they may lose because
courts can side with the consumer, on the basis that
it is a crap business that falls out with its customers and
pursues them through the courts, thereby wasting the courts
time over trivial matters that should have been settled long
before it came to court.
If they lose, it can get local, and on a quiet day for newsworthy
items, the risk of national tabloid coverage.
Old July 24th 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:53:55 GMT, "Ato_Zee"
wrote:

They are now demanding 170 as the remainder of a contract which they
failed to honour. So the saga continues. Fortunately I am more than
happy to take this to BT/OFCOM and then the courts.

Unlikely to get to court, they will make an offer to settle.
Going to court costs them money, they may lose because
courts can side with the consumer, on the basis that
it is a crap business that falls out with its customers and
pursues them through the courts, thereby wasting the courts
time over trivial matters that should have been settled long
before it came to court.
If they lose, it can get local, and on a quiet day for newsworthy
items, the risk of national tabloid coverage.

LOL sounds perfect to me. The more publicity the better. I am really
disappointed to think that we have generally allowed these companies
to treat the customers like trash..we just keep coughing up, and
coughing up. Why on earth is that. How come in 2009 customer service
is a dirty word?

Not only that but what on earth is BT doing buying a company with a
terrible reputation that Plusnet has, and then just letting them
continue? Mind you that could be unfair, we'll wait and see what Mr
Livingston (BT) has to say about that. It may be there is a purge in
hand as we speak.

Perhaps our Plusnet employees could enlighten us even? Just what has
BT meant to Plusnet.

Old July 24th 09, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

Default Got MAC from Plusnet in just a few days

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:15:57 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

After 2 months (of a three month period since joining) of failed
service, lack of support, bullying and intimidation.

Perhaps you should be a man and apologise for doing this?

Plusnet have finally given me a MAC.

So within a week of you actually RTFD and following the procedure. See,
that reading course you did in prison came in useful to you Northerner.

They are now demanding 170 as the remainder of a contract which they
failed to honour. So the saga continues.

That's fair. Pity they can't pull your teeth and cash them in.

Fortunately I am more than
happy to take this to BT/OFCOM and then the courts.

I bet that got em' ****ting their pants NOT. Can a jobless northerner
with limited social skills actually (a) afford the summons (b) present as
credible to a district recorder/judge ?
A: No, No.

Here is how it will really be. You are too poor and stupid to string a
case together. Plusnet will just sell the 170 debt to a small time debt
collector (how very apt). You won't pay it. You can't, you are broke and
jobless. But that is nothing new, it will end up as just another default
listed with Experian against your name and address. A list that is
probably long enough express just how worthless you are and how little
you've achieved in life.

Let the battle commence.

A legend in his own mind..... Tell me Billy Nomates, did you take lessons
at making yourself look an arse or is it just a natural skill you
possess? You are *VERY* good at it.

I've just signed up with Plusnet. Faultless, works a charm and the
support guys are very helpful. Thanks for the tip :-)

Old July 24th 09, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Bassplus" wrote in message
After 2 months (of a three month period since joining) of failed
service, lack of support, bullying and intimidation. With a complete
inability and unwillingness to solve even the simplest problem,
despite doing all the work for them. Plusnet have finally given me a
MAC.

etc., etc.

Wonderful!
I'm glad you're (reasonably) happy now
Perhaps this newsgroup can now get back to some intellignet-ish, friendly
discussions.
However, just in case you decide to stick around, I'm giving you the honour
of being the first in my annual "hey, it's the silly season" killfile list.
Bye
/plonk

George

Old July 24th 09, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

They are now demanding 170 as the remainder of a contract which they
failed to honour. So the saga continues. Fortunately I am more than
happy to take this to BT/OFCOM and then the courts.

Unlikely to get to court, they will make an offer to settle.
Going to court costs them money, they may lose because
courts can side with the consumer, on the basis that
it is a crap business that falls out with its customers and
pursues them through the courts, thereby wasting the courts
time over trivial matters that should have been settled long
before it came to court.
If they lose, it can get local, and on a quiet day for newsworthy
items, the risk of national tabloid coverage.

Considering the torrent of abuse he spouted on this NG I would have thought
Plusnet might well win the case if they produced it as evidence of his
unwillingness to behave in a reasonable manner and try and work with them to
resolve matters.

Peter Crosland

Old July 24th 09, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Peter Crosland wrote:
[...]

How would Plusnet know who had made the posts?

Personally I think it is disgraceful that companies such as Plusnet are
allowed to operate extended length contracts and use them to hold
customers to a substandard level of service.

It is particularly unpleasant when the company threatens to charge the
customer 170 purely to investigate poor service. Do they give 170 to
the customer if there is a genuine fault?

You might not like the way the Bassplus conducts himself but if we
regard his complaint, that he gets very frequent disconnects and that he
has tested this from the master socket, as truthful I think it is
Plusnet that are behaving badly.

I would like to see the government legislate against these types of
contract and insist that companies only charge a reasonable fee (1 month
or less) for termination of contract without notice.
Old July 24th 09, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On 24 Jul 2009 11:32:59 GMT, R Johnson local
know it all and obnoxious weed, got a little over excited and BP
increased dramatically when he spewed:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:15:57 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

After 2 months (of a three month period since joining) of failed
service, lack of support, bullying and intimidation.

Perhaps you should be a man and

Tell everyone about my horrid experience with Plusnet? I quite agree.

I have. It's always good to share.
Old July 24th 09, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:49:19 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

[...]

Venting one's spleen is good for one's health. So is a good battle,
presuming you're the winner.

Old July 24th 09, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:57:17 +0100, Nick wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:
[...]

I notice BT are doing 12 month contracts now, through the back door.
They cannot put your phone line on a 12 month contract yet AFAIK but
they are giving us *free* mobile bolt ons and *free* unlimited E&WE
calls which are on 12 month contracts. Each contract apparently
randomly applied (with permission) and eventually one will block the
other when it comes to going elsewhere. Not only is this dirty tricks,
I'm sure it would be illegal.

It comes as no surprise Plusnet and BT are now one and the same. Trash
attracts trash.

It is particularly unpleasant when the company threatens to charge the
customer 170 purely to investigate poor service. Do they give 170 to
the customer if there is a genuine fault?

You might not like the way the Bassplus conducts himself but if we
regard his complaint, that he gets very frequent disconnects and that he
has tested this from the master socket, as truthful I think it is
Plusnet that are behaving badly.

To clarify. This would be in excess of two months worth of disconnects
and yoyo speeds. Within one week or raising the original support
ticket I had established, and confirmed the fault was not at my end.
This was done using two PCs, two different operating systems and two
modems going back to the BT socket with faceplate removed. I then
complied with support tickets going over exactly the same ground, and
with many different people supposedly dealing with them. The final
straw came when my tickets where completely ignored and it had become
quite clear the merry go round of scripts the support team run off had
been used up.

In anyone's book the initial and quite basic tests are easily
conducted, especially when one has a willing customer at the other
end.

I dread to imagine how they are treating other customers less willing
to speak out.

I would like to see the government legislate against these types of
contract and insist that companies only charge a reasonable fee (1 month
or less) for termination of contract without notice.

They will only do that if enough of us have the spirit to stand up to
these companies and complain.

Should anyone wish to pass their experiences on to me, in the
strictest confidence, I shall be happy to take the baton. write to me
at