PLUSNET ring fence themselves away from the public with failing ticket system

Old July 25th 09, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default PLUSNET ring fence themselves away from the public with failing ticket system

PLUSNET ring fence themselves away from the public with failing ticket
system! Each ticket a different name on it, but are there really any
humans in the customer support team

Comments on a failing ISP with random snips

Plusnet, good or bad?

Hi everyone, thinking about signing up with Plusnet. I've seen a few
reviews, people seem to either love or hate it! Just looking for some
feedback please. Cheers.

mike chiocci

Please don't Plusnet used to be pretty good but are currently awful.
Plusnet support when you finally get through is abysmal, rude and
insulting. They have cancelled all email communication leaving only
the torturous phone system and snail mail. I asked for my MAC code
months ago and was asked for in excess of 58, when I questioned it I
was informed it was a deferred activation charge? Well I know that
when I signed up a year ago it was definitely a free connection with
no monthly limits, yet another change to T&Cs. I even paid and extra
12 something for a monthly account. Anyway I waited until my year had
expired and they were still insisting on the deferred activation
payment so I emailed them to inform them I had cancelled their direct
debit, I was giving 30 days notice of termination and to bill me for
this period. When the direct debit failed they blocked my phone line
with a link direct to their payment portal, strange but around this
time emails started bouncing back unread. I can afford to pay but
refuse to be blackmailed by this amateur bunch of cowboys. I have
registered complaints with ofcom, BT, trading standards, ispa and
cisas. I have written a letter threatening action unless they release
my line but I feel the best action I have in the short term is to post
my tale of woe on forums.

daniel doyle

Plusnet, good or bad?

I went with Plus Net over 12 month ago and you only had to pick up the
phone, wait awhile and get the problem solved but it is not like that
now,they have done what everybody is doing "Ringfencing" themselves
away from the public

I could add to that of course with a July 2009 twist and say the
ticket system is just a series of, often irrelevant, cut and paste
scripts, in a range of about five. Most of which are repeats of the
first four.

Each one sent out by a different *name* supposedly, so no consistency
either. No wonder they're in trouble.