Help please problem with Fritzbox - Justvoip

Old July 27th 09, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Help please problem with Fritzbox - Justvoip

Hi

I have been using a Fritzbox with justvoip for over 3 years with no
problems but today I get this error message:-

Internettelefonie mit 0044xxxxxxxxxxxxxx über sip.justvoip.com war nicht
erfolgreich. Ursache: (503)

We had a power cut last night but I have done nothing else!!

I can still receive calls but they go through sipgate so I now the Fritzbox
is working I can also call out using the justvoip stand alone programme. I
have checked passwords,settings,etc but I don't know what the problems.

Any help will be greatly received.

Thank-you

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of garden
http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

My Music:-
http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.p...tails&uid=1535

Old July 27th 09, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

On 27 July, 21:20, "Nigel" wrote:
Hi

I have been using *a Fritzbox with justvoip for over 3 years with no
problems but today I get this error message:-

*Internettelefonie mit 0044xxxxxxxxxxxxxx über sip.justvoip.com war nicht
erfolgreich. Ursache: (503)

We had a power cut last night but I have done nothing else!!

I can still receive calls but they go through sipgate so I now the Fritzbox
is working I can also call out using the justvoip stand alone programme. I
have checked passwords,settings,etc but I don't know what the problems.

Any help will be greatly received.

Thank-you

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of gardenhttp://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

My Music:-http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.php?sm=account.details&uid=1535

I am getting the same problem with smslisto which is another Betamax
clone. Coincidentally I am also using a FritzBox. I get the same 503
error. I can also still receive calls as they come though a different
operator. smslisto PC application can also make outgoing calls ok.
Betamax do not really offer support (then again, they very rarely have
connection problems) so the best advice is to wait it out...
Old July 28th 09, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Hi Steve,

thanks for that.

Is yours working yet?

Mine is still not this moring

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of garden
http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels Music:-
http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.p...tails&uid=1535

Old July 28th 09, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

On Jul 28, 10:40*am, "Nigel" wrote:
Hi Steve,

thanks for that.

Is yours working yet?

Mine is still not this moring

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of gardenhttp://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels Music:-http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.php?sm=account.details&uid=1535

Still not working here either. However, it does work if I remove the
stun server from the settings.
Old July 28th 09, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Hi,

Thanks for that- it works.

I was thinking along those lines aswell, after reading about a similar
problem on the internet.

Does the stun server do anything?

Old July 28th 09, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

On 28 July, 13:51, "Nigel" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for that- it works.

I was thinking along those lines aswell, after reading about a similar
problem on the internet.

Does the stun server do anything?

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of gardenhttp://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels Music:-http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.php?sm=account.details&uid=1535

I'm no expert, but I think the stun server is only really needed if
you have the ATA sitting behind a router. I have my Fritzbox connected
directly to the cable modem so it has my external IP and this is why
it works without that setting. That is my understanding of it anyway.
Old July 29th 09, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Steve explained on 28/07/2009 :
On 28 July, 13:51, "Nigel" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for that- it works.

I was thinking along those lines aswell, after reading about a similar
problem on the internet.

Does the stun server do anything?

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of gardenhttp://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels
Music:-http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.php?sm=account.details&uid=1535

I'm no expert, but I think the stun server is only really needed if
you have the ATA sitting behind a router. I have my Fritzbox connected
directly to the cable modem so it has my external IP and this is why
it works without that setting. That is my understanding of it anyway.

yep. I can't imagine why a Fritz!Box which is acting as a router would
need a STUN server. What STUN server were you using? The STUN server
has little to do with your ITSP, it simply lets your device know about
its NAT setup, public ip, etc.

Old July 29th 09, 08:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

I just used:-

stun.justvoip.com

I obviuosly don't need the setting - I just wondered why it suddenly stopped
working!!

I also connect my fritzbox to a cable modem so my fritzbox has my external
ip address.

Old August 7th 09, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Steve wrote:
On Jul 28, 10:40 am, "Nigel" wrote:
Hi Steve,

thanks for that.

Is yours working yet?

Mine is still not this moring

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of gardenhttp://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels Music:-http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/index.php?sm=account.details&uid=1535

Still not working here either. However, it does work if I remove the
stun server from the settings.

remove stun server settings from what? My Fritzbox doesn't have stun
server settings and it doesn't make any sense for a router to use stun
(which is a protocol intended for a device behind a NAT to discover what
type of NAT it is behind). Or is your Fritzbox just an ATA behind
another router (as I seem to recall AVM have made such a device once...)?

cheers,
Paul.
Old August 8th 09, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

On 07/08/09 15:55, Paul Hayes wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Jul 28, 10:40 am, "Nigel" wrote:
[...]

An ATA-only Fritz!Box (no ADSL modem) does exist, but AFAIK is no longer
a current product.

All current Fritz!Boxes have the capability to operate via one of the
LAN ports as a subsidiary to another router/cable modem.

Ivor