dropping calls

Old July 27th 09, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andrew

Default dropping calls

Is it possible using an ata (sipura 3102 in my case) to simply drop calls
without answering them or having them ring forever? This is for calls from
sales persons etc. whose clid I know.

It's a facility I often use on my cellphone to discard calls so it would be
useful on the pstn line.

AJH
Old July 27th 09, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

andrew schreef:
Is it possible using an ata (sipura 3102 in my case) to simply drop calls
without answering them or having them ring forever? This is for calls from
sales persons etc. whose clid I know.

It's a facility I often use on my cellphone to discard calls so it would be
useful on the pstn line.

AJH

some analog phones you can set not to ring for numbers you set.
The calls come to you over a normal analog landline ?
For VoIP this is much easier to do... first, you don't have to register
for the phonebook registery, and you can make a dialplan to set all of this.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old July 28th 09, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

lid wrote:
For VoIP this is much easier to do... first, you don't have to register
for the phonebook registery, and you can make a dialplan to set all of this.

And the relevance of your answer to the question is...?
Chris
Old July 28th 09, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

andrew wrote:
Is it possible using an ata (sipura 3102 in my case) to simply drop calls
without answering them or having them ring forever? This is for calls from
sales persons etc. whose clid I know.

I think you can get the 3102 to ignore or reject (not sure which) calls
without CLI presentation, but I don't see that it's possible to set up
a reject list for known CLIs. (I'm sure Asterisk could do it, though ;-)

Chris
Old July 28th 09, 07:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Chris Davies has brought this to us :

lid wrote:
For VoIP this is much easier to do... first, you don't have to register
for the phonebook registery, and you can make a dialplan to set all of this.

And the relevance of your answer to the question is...?
Chris

That you can construct a dial plan to achieve the goal?

Old July 28th 09, 07:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Chris Davies explained :
andrew wrote:
Is it possible using an ata (sipura 3102 in my case) to simply drop calls
without answering them or having them ring forever? This is for calls from
sales persons etc. whose clid I know.

I think you can get the 3102 to ignore or reject (not sure which) calls
without CLI presentation, but I don't see that it's possible to set up
a reject list for known CLIs.

The PSTN access list might be able to accomplish what the OP is after.
AFAIK, it can only handle around 10 numbers, however, perhaps those ten
numbers could be sent to a dial plan that goes nowhere or asks for a
PIN?

(I'm sure Asterisk could do it, though ;-)

It can & does, very well.

Old July 28th 09, 07:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono formulated the question :
The PSTN access list might be able to accomplish what the OP is after

.....maybe not.....does this bypass authentication. So long since I've
tinkered.

Old July 28th 09, 07:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono laid this down on his screen :
Jono formulated the question :
The PSTN access list might be able to accomplish what the OP is after

....maybe not.....does this bypass authentication. So long since I've
tinkered.

However, the OP could try this:

In PSTN User tab, PSTN-To-VoIP Selective Call Forward Settings section
set Cfwd Sel1 Caller: 123456 but leave Cfwd Sel1 Dest: blank. 123456
will be blocked and SPA will not even answer the call.

The OP could block 8 CLIs this way.

Old July 28th 09, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

lid wrote:
For VoIP this is much easier to do... first, you don't have to register
for the phonebook registery, and you can make a dialplan to set all of this.

And the relevance of your answer to the question is...?
Chris

Discontinue analog telco subscription, and leave ADSL on copper,
works like a charm here.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.