How Three (3) tries to take you for a fool...

Old July 29th 09, 07:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fab

Default How Three (3) tries to take you for a fool...

Hi all,

I really need to tell you this: I still cannot believe it.

I have a Three mobile broadband pay as you go contract + dongle.

As I also read here, at peak times it becomes impossible to use as it
keeps disconnecting from the Internet (but not from 3 network) so I
remain connected with a local network to three. useless.

I phoned them and explained the situation so they told me they would
have called me back for trouble shooting when I would have been in
front of the computer. So they did.

After having told her what exactly Windows diagnostic message was
telling me (that it looses the connection with the DNS server at
address bladi bladi) they told me to go to google, to type into the
search box:
"local network only windows vista" and to choose any of the pages
which pop up as a result.

She told me to read it because there (in the page I chose myself) was
clearly explained that the problem is Vista and not Three network!
(?!?)

That it is a known problem of vista and i should install xp instead.
(?!?!?)

When I told her that what she told me was not credible and the page
does not explain anything and asked her the address to write a
complaint, she put me on hold, then she replied that that was what she
was told she should have said (of course, I hope she did not really
believe what she said)

I still cannot believe what I heard. Of course I will write a
complaint to three and maybe will write the ombudsman, but you can
imagine if they did this to me, they must do with everyone.

I don't know maybe it is me, but the (trying to) be taken for a fool
so bluntly and with airiness and their hoping we customers are all a
bunch of computer illiterate (who buy mobile internet!?!), still
scandalises me. It is even more offensive than the technical problem
itself.

besides the writing a complaint/ombudsman and reporting the problems
to trafficated forums on the internet (like this), anyone of you have
any other idea about what to do?

Many Thanks,
Fab
Old July 29th 09, 08:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:47:27 -0700 (PDT), Fab
wrote:

[...]

It seems the customer counts for nothing these days. No doubt these
bullies will live to regret it.

Old July 29th 09, 08:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Fab laid this down on his screen :
After having told her what exactly Windows diagnostic message was
telling me (that it looses the connection with the DNS server at
address bladi bladi) they told me to go to google, to type into the
search box:
"local network only windows vista" and to choose any of the pages
which pop up as a result.

I experience this daily on a Vista laptop when using wireless; only a
reboot fixes it. The CSR may not have been yanking your chain.

Old July 29th 09, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:47:27 -0700 (PDT), Fab
wrote:

snip
Get rid of it.
Google three mobile broadband crap!
--
+-+-+-+-+
|a|n|d|y|

Old July 29th 09, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

But you are already a fool if you bought 3....
Old July 30th 09, 02:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Fab" wrote in message
[...]

Not use Three with Vista, but Three DNS servers can be poor,
try some public DNS servers instead

Steve Terry