HOORAY BT come through

Old July 29th 09, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default HOORAY BT come through

After much hard work and jumping up and down here and at BT head
office. Two old school BT engineers have been pulled off other jobs to
get this problem sorted out once and for all. Grand job was done and I
am most pleased. We'll deal with the gross incompetence within faults
department later.

The poor old engineers are as disappointed as I was with BT, both long
time served guys and have seen the slippery slope over the last few
years. And very pleased to meet a customer prepared to stand up for
themselves for a change. Their words "if there were more customers who
stood up against shoddy service, we wouldn't have shoddy service".

Well done guys.

Old July 29th 09, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:29:08 +0100, Bassplus wrote:

After much hard work and jumping up and down here and at BT head
office. Two old school BT engineers have been pulled off other jobs to
get this problem sorted out once and for all. Grand job was done and I
am most pleased. We'll deal with the gross incompetence within faults
department later.

The poor old engineers are as disappointed as I was with BT, both long
time served guys and have seen the slippery slope over the last few
years. And very pleased to meet a customer prepared to stand up for
themselves for a change. Their words "if there were more customers who
stood up against shoddy service, we wouldn't have shoddy service".

Well done guys.

ADSL speeds already showing 1.4mb so fingers crossed this was also the
issue with the ADSL.

Such a shame, and completely illogical I have had such a battle on my
hands to get even the simplest tasks completed, not just by Plusnet
who simply rolled over and died and remain clueless to this day, but
BT also. The cables on the outside of the property were internal
cables, split and cracked all over and routed terribly. New cables and
rerouted now to a shiny new box.

What was so difficult about that Plusnet? And how come you still
don't appear to want to learn from it?

Old July 29th 09, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

You are a customer of Plusnet NOT BT.

Plusnet are [wholesale] customers of BT, but probably on the lowest level of
service (i.e. last in the queue for repairs - next week / next month).

The moral of this story is - "If you phone / ISP service is important to
your, don't insert a bunch of useless intermediaries, but deal directly with
BT". It costs a bit more, but it's worth it.

The other moral is don't clutter up a useful news group with pitiful
whinings about how slow the service from Plusnet is.

Old July 29th 09, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R Johnson

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:44:27 +0100, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

You are a customer of Plusnet NOT BT.

Plusnet are [wholesale] customers of BT, but probably on the lowest
level of service (i.e. last in the queue for repairs - next week / next
month).

The moral of this story is - "If you phone / ISP service is important to
your, don't insert a bunch of useless intermediaries, but deal directly
with BT". It costs a bit more, but it's worth it.

The other moral is don't clutter up a useful news group with pitiful
whinings about how slow the service from Plusnet is.

{trimmed original content as follow up was top posted}

Being with BT makes no difference. There is this wonderful thing called
'Equivalence'. BT Broadband customers cannot and are not given any
preferential treatment. All BTw customers are treated equally bad, be
they BTr/BTb/OTHER SP.

The best service I've ever noted from a provider was Newnet who chased a
dsl dropout fault BTw like a rabid dog until the fault was resolved and
this on a line that was testing OK.

Old July 29th 09, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

wrote:

You are a customer of Plusnet NOT BT.

I'm a customer of BT and a customer of Plusnet. Though one and the
same of course.

Plusnet are [wholesale] customers of BT, but probably on the lowest level of
service (i.e. last in the queue for repairs - next week / next month).

Plusnet never raised anything with BT, therein lies the problem.

The moral of this story is - "If you phone / ISP service is important to
your, don't insert a bunch of useless intermediaries, but deal directly with
BT". It costs a bit more, but it's worth it.

They were/are probably two separate issues. ADSL was playing up for
two months, phone was fine until last week. Plusnet did not care and
still do not care, they are sulking.

The other moral is don't clutter up a useful news group with pitiful
whinings about how slow the service from Plusnet is.

No the moral is to ignore unhelpful dweebs on newsgroups and let
others know the problem directly. As it happens the said dweebs have
indeed turned out a right queer old bunch of misfits. Lucky I caught
on quickly.

.. .

Old August 1st 09, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
You are a customer of Plusnet NOT BT.

Plusnet are [wholesale] customers of BT, but probably on the lowest level of
service (i.e. last in the queue for repairs - next week / next month).

The moral of this story is - "If you phone / ISP service is important to
your, don't insert a bunch of useless intermediaries, but deal directly with
BT". It costs a bit more, but it's worth it.

The other moral is don't clutter up a useful news group with pitiful
whinings about how slow the service from Plusnet is.

It is so difficult to get anyone to take any responsibility. In the past
week, I know a user with Demon who have just been upgraded to ADSL2+
without notification, had to change their router because of this, which
now doesn't sync. Demon says BT have disconnected the line at the
exchange and we need to speak to BT. When querying what they mean, they
say there's a problem with the voice and dial 151. But when we check the
voice line, crystal clear, no problem. Phone Demon again to query but
they say they cannot help further and to call a different Demon
department who want us now to go through all the hoops we've been
through in the past before they can even think about getting a C&W
engineer out to the exchange to reseat the card to get the damn thing to
sync properly.