Wet Wednesday

Old July 29th 09, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sudoku

Default Wet Wednesday

Hope all's well.

Rain on Monday, rain on Tuesday and rain today.
Reports state that you are having better weather than England and Wales.
However, we found a good place to visit on a wet Wednesday.

Been to Ashton under Lyne to see the Portland Basin Museum.
It's at the junction of the Lower Peak Forest Canal and the Ashton Canal.
Interesting collection of local items from a range of activities that
took place over the years. Textiles, hats, clogs, machine tools, coal
mining, sewing machine manufacture, and the canal system that served the
area. Found out about the history of the donkey stone. Eli Whalley made
them in Ashton.

The cafe was better than average too, we had sandwiches for lunch and
tea and a scone before we came away.

Have put some pictures up at
www.pictorial.jalbum.net

love from Isobel and Tony
Old July 29th 09, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Woops(?)
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 29th 09, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:00:49 +0100, sudoku wrote:

[...]

I've been having a bit of a wet weekend myself here. Met some right
drips, a few doughnuts and frothy ex BT/Plusnet engineer who has taken
to stalking me. No pics though.
Old July 29th 09, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 29 +

sudoku wrote:
Hope all's well.

Rain on Monday, rain on Tuesday and rain today.
Reports state that you are having better weather than England and
Wales. However, we found a good place to visit on a wet Wednesday.

WW reckons rain right through 'til next Thursday.
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 29 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old July 29th 09, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

sudoku wrote:
Hope all's well.

Rain on Monday, rain on Tuesday and rain today.
Reports state that you are having better weather than England and
Wales. However, we found a good place to visit on a wet Wednesday.

WW reckons rain right through 'til next Thursday.

Wincey Willis? Is she still doing the weather?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 29th 09, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

WW reckons rain right through 'til next Thursday.

Followed by 3 mths of BT chaos, sorting out BB faults
due to saturated street cables, engineers in wellies
pumping out manholes.
Old July 30th 09, 03:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:00:49, donald edmondson
(sudoku) wrote:

love from Isobel and Tony

So who is Donald?

--
Jim Crowther
Old July 30th 09, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Michael Fish was on the radio last night.

Apparently the chap who wrote the forecast for him in 1987 that
said there would be no storm is the same chap that wrote the
forecast of the sizzling summer earlier this year.

I rest my case..................

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 30th 09, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:04:34 UTC, "Woody"
wrote:

Michael Fish was on the radio last night.

Apparently the chap who wrote the forecast for him in 1987 that
said there would be no storm is the same chap that wrote the
forecast of the sizzling summer earlier this year.

Urban myth.

He said:

"I do distinctly recall going on television and saying categorically
'batten down the hatches, there's some extremely stormy weather on the
way'. If that isn't a good forecast and a good warning, I don't know
what is.

As far as I was concerned there wasn't even a problem. It [my forecast]
wasn't even the evening before ? it was another occasion and I was just
linking to an item on the news about a hurricane that might be affecting
Florida and I said ? and in fact Florida has been craftily edited out of
the clip ? I said quite innocently and quite correctly that the
hurricane wasn't going to affect Florida, nothing whatever to do with
the UK.

It was completely out of context, at a different time talking about a
completely different thing."
euthanasia recommended. ]