I recommend Plusnet

Old August 2nd 09, 04:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bod43

Default I recommend Plusnet

Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.
Old August 2nd 09, 07:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:23:47 -0700 (PDT), bod43
wrote:

Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

If only you Plusnet employees put as much effort in to customer
service as you do trolling, Pusnet would be off the skids. Hopefully
you'll all be looking for another job soon. BT don't take kindly to
complaints about the losers on the payroll.

Old August 2nd 09, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

bod43 wrote:

Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

They were once good for sure. Can't comment on their current service
after the fiasco that led to me leaving them after 2 months of grossly
inadequate service that was fixed in 10 mins by a BT Openreach engineer
( I had an RF line filter I didn't know about ) but Plusnet had migrated
me to Tiscali LLU who were such cheapskates they wouldn't call out BT
and just fobbed me off with all manner of excuses.

Beware of that issue ( reluctane to involve BT ) with ANY LLU service
btw.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address

Old August 2nd 09, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

bod43 wrote:
Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

I would avoid any ISP that used extended contracts, 18 months!.

Especially when they used them to hold customers to a poor/problematic
service.
Old August 2nd 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Eeyore" wrote in message

bod43 wrote:

Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

They were once good for sure. Can't comment on their current service
after the fiasco that led to me leaving them after 2 months of grossly
inadequate service that was fixed in 10 mins by a BT Openreach engineer
( I had an RF line filter I didn't know about ) but Plusnet had migrated
me to Tiscali LLU who were such cheapskates they wouldn't call out BT
and just fobbed me off with all manner of excuses.

Beware of that issue ( reluctane to involve BT ) with ANY LLU service
btw.

Graham

As has been explained to you, Graham, quite a few times in here, that was in
the *really* bad old days (but see below...)
Plusnet are now in the process of taking their few remaining customers off
Tiscali LLU and putting them back on BT ADSL Max.
Personally, I've had no major problems with Plusnet. Reliable service, good
attitude from the UK-based customer helpdesk and - in my case - no apparent
reluctance to call out Openreach when I do have a line problem.
But - and there's always one of those...
I'm not happy - and never have been - with their traffic-management
(throttling), even though they're up-front about it.
In order to avoid it altogether, I've had to change to their "Pro" tariff,
which costs quite a bit and which additionally gives me more Gigs per month
than I really need.
They also seem to be aiming at the mass market now, with their "Value"
tariff and long contracts, and do not now offer webspace, etc. to new
customers.
I could get what I really need by migrating to IDnet (like you did, Graham)
and I might just do that when I get the proverbial round tuit.

George

Old August 2nd 09, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"Eeyore" wrote in message

bod43 wrote:

Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

They were once good for sure. Can't comment on their current service
after the fiasco that led to me leaving them after 2 months of grossly
inadequate service that was fixed in 10 mins by a BT Openreach engineer
( I had an RF line filter I didn't know about ) but Plusnet had migrated
me to Tiscali LLU who were such cheapskates they wouldn't call out BT
and just fobbed me off with all manner of excuses.

Still being economical with the truth I see. As I recall you refused to
cooperate with Plusnet in their logical, and systematic, fault finding
attempts that would have established that the fault was not in your wiring
or equipment. Just like bassplus.

Peter Crosland

Old August 2nd 09, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default I recommend Plusnet - Wouldnt touch them with a bargepole.

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:32:12 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

bod43 wrote:

Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

They were once good for sure. Can't comment on their current service
after the fiasco that led to me leaving them after 2 months of grossly
inadequate service that was fixed in 10 mins by a BT Openreach engineer
( I had an RF line filter I didn't know about ) but Plusnet had migrated
me to Tiscali LLU who were such cheapskates they wouldn't call out BT
and just fobbed me off with all manner of excuses.

Still being economical with the truth I see. As I recall you refused to
cooperate with Plusnet in their logical, and systematic, fault finding
attempts that would have established that the fault was not in your wiring
or equipment. Just like bassplus.

Peter Crosland

Plusnet are neither logical nor systematic. Their support system
consists of an endless loop of cut and paste scripts driven by
zombies. Even when handed the fault on a plate they still don't have a
clue what to do with it. So it seems nothing has changed, apart from
getting worse.

Seems they are still reluctant to call BT, only these days they don't
bother giving excuses, they just send out another random automated
script.

No wonder you and a zombie get on so well!

Old August 2nd 09, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

bod43 wrote:

[...]

It also makes all the other duff advice you're so keen on spouting a
nonsense. Though I doubt many take it.

Old August 2nd 09, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

bod43 wrote:
Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

No. They're not. I can vouch for that. With them seven years before I
decided that their "service" was sub-par. Well. It depends. If you think
BT are good, then PlusNet are good.
Old August 2nd 09, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 16:55:12 +0100, Simon Dean
wrote:

bod43 wrote:
Well they must be really good since Bassoon-boy
does not like them.

Please add your further support here.

No. They're not. I can vouch for that. With them seven years before I
decided that their "service" was sub-par. Well. It depends. If you think
BT are good, then PlusNet are good.

Oh dear looks like the Plusnet employee and troll never quite got the
reaction it hoped. That's the trouble see Plusnet. You might think you
can bully and cajole people on newsgroups, but you can't fool all of
the people all of the time.

Looking at the Broadband reviews for Plusnet over the last few months
you're going down the **** hole fast and I can't wait to add my
floaters.