The Smarter Way to a coronary (PlusNet)

Old August 3rd 09, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default The Smarter Way to a coronary (PlusNet)

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/telecommunic...snet-1/442792/

The Smarter Way to a coronary (PlusNet)

Name: riclondon

Disadvantages: No understanding of customer service, Solving issues
can be time consuming, No clear cancellation policy

I had issues with Plus.Net almost immediately after connecting. An
initial 60 connection fee was promised to be taken by credit card,
but instead they took the amount by direct debit, from an account with
no cash in it. After a very long email and telephone conversation I
was refunded the bank charges.

I stayed with Plus.Net as I decided that this initial blimp in service
was outweighed by the fast connection speeds. I sorely wish I had gone
against my better judgement and cancelled at the end of my 12 month
contract.

I arranged to cancel the service on 31st August, duly supplying my 30
days notice. This was accepted and I was told my account would
terminate on that date. Over two weeks later I was told that my
cancellation was accepted in error. A new cancellation request was put
in to end my service 17 days later in September. 17 days that I would
need to pay for.

Had they actually publicised their cancellation policy, and the fact
that I would need to cancel my service during one or two days each
month for it to effectively happen when I need it to, I would not be
having such a long protracted argument with them.

At the end of the day I don't see why I should be forced to pay for
time that I don't want or need, due to a staff error at their end.

If you do connect to plus.net then keep an eye on the charges. If you
change your mind as a result of reading these customer reviews, I am
100% convinced you are making the correct decision, a decision you
will not regret.

Old August 3rd 09, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Bassplus" wrote in message
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/telecommunic...snet-1/442792/

The Smarter Way to a coronary (PlusNet)

You must have had one and be in hospital (or prison?) as you have managed
nearly a thousands lines of twaddle on this subject just today.

The usual idea is to tell a select group once of the basis of the problem,
and then add a detailed analysis for those who are more interested.

E.g.

Post one "Plusnet **** up connection"

Six weeks and sixty contacts later and my Plusnet connection is still not
working.

Post two "Plusnet tubbies - is this what they do with NEETs?"

a few choice examples their sillier replies

Old August 3rd 09, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

I've got a maggot cock but my big magnifying glasses make it look nearly
an inch long!