Two tin cans and a wet string - Nothing changes at Plusnet does it?

Old August 3rd 09, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

Default Two tin cans and a wet string - Nothing changes at Plusnet does it?

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/telecommunic...snet-1/424814/

Two tin cans and a wet string (PlusNet)

Name: Ol Black Magic

Disadvantages: The most unreliable connection service available,
Utterly useless "support", It prevents me spending my 40 a month on
beer

I wanted to start out by saying that their connection service is
appalling, but seeing as they barely provide a service I fear this
might be heaping too much praise on them. I use PlusNet's business
dial-up service for which I pay 40 per month (or rather ? I "used"
the service ? I gave notice of termination today). For this I get
around 50hrs per week web time. Sounds great, but here's what actually
happens when I try to get connected between the hours of 9am and 9pm.

(1) Click "connect", get the engaged tone, click "cancel".
(2) Repeat (1) approximately 30 times.
(3) Get connected and watch the connection hang within 2 minutes.
(4) Repeat steps (1) to (3) between 2 and 5 times.
(5) Wonder why I can log in with Freeserve within 10 seconds and
experience a fast, 100% reliable connection.

But that's if I'm lucky. About 20% of the time it is simply not
possible to connect between the hours of 9am and 9pm on a weekday
(when I say not possible, I mean that I give up after around 100
connect attempts).

In other words, I pay my money, I get f*** all.

I've been with PlusNet for about 2 years, because I was after a
business dial-up account that allowed a significant amount of online
time for a fixed fee. Initially, the service was great. It connected
first time and the connection was stable. This lasted 6 months. Then
the service started to become worse. And worse. And? worse.

The publicly available "service status" screen strangely always shows
green lights for all their services. Upon logging a complaint you get
a barrage of nonsensical questions to answer. Upon doing this, nothing
happens. Then they blame BT (bull****! ? I know for a fact it is not
BT that's at fault). And still nothing happens. No apologies, no
action. And the service gets worse and worse. So you complain again.
And nothing happens. And you complain again, and again, and again? Ge
t the idea?

My last response from customer support (guffaw!) was not to tell me
that they were urgently looking into the problem that has plagued me
with increasing regularity for the past 18 months. No, it actually
inferred that such appalling service was perfectly normal and to be
expected, and that if I didn't like it I should upgrade to a more
expensive account. I decided not to take up that wonderful offer, and
instead cancelled my existing account.

In summary: If you must throw your money away, flush it down the
toilet. It's easier that wasting it on PlusNet.

Old August 3rd 09, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bassplus

I've got a maggot cock but my big magnifying glasses make it look nearly
an inch long!