S450IP and mis routing - Update

Old August 8th 09, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

Default S450IP and mis routing - Update

You may recall a couple of months back I reported that my S450IP would
sometimes route a call through BT whereas it should have gone via one
of my SIP accounts.

Well it is still happening and now it is doing it with international
calls - This could get expensive :-(

But I have been thinking and this is what I have so far.

1) There are *no* numbers in the phone book ending with #0 (All mis
routed calls are in the phone book.)
2) The system defaults to VOIP
3) I have "Automatic fallback to fixed line" set to "No"
4) I recently added a 5th provider
5) I assumed that if it did not find a match in the dial plan it would
use the default for the handset in use.
6) Because of 5) I dropped a dialplan for 00 as my default was
cheapest

So 6) might explain why international are going via BT.

What I suspect is: There is an uninitialised variable that takes a
random value as the search through the dial plan progresses. When the
search drops off the end of the dial plan it may decide to use the
default for the handset or may decide to use the fixed line. I further
suspect that the length of the number, or even the content, may have a
part to play here. What I have done today is to add specific rules for
00 *and* 0 - So basically I now have the rules such that any legal
number I might dial will be caught by a dial plan rule and nothing
ought to drop off the bottom. We shall see.

--
Regards
Dave Saville

Old August 9th 09, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dave Saville schreef:
[...]

Yeah, i remember that post, but now this: when you original set up the
phone for the first time, you are been asked for your country and area
code, later, (or don't set it at all) you can switch off your regional
setting, and per hand set, you can set your outgoing provider, default
they are all on your first provider.
Can't you construct a dialplan option to overcome that misbehaviour ?
or did you already try these options ?
The phone has the original Siemens software ? and the update server is
the original Siemens server ?

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old August 9th 09, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:33:10 UTC, lid wrote:

Dave Saville schreef:
[...]

Yes they are all set for the 5th provider

Can't you construct a dialplan option to overcome that misbehaviour ?
or did you already try these options ?

Yes I set that up yesterday after working out what I thought might be
going on, and it seems, with two test calls, to have done the trick

The phone has the original Siemens software ? and the update server is
the original Siemens server ?

It has the latest s/w from a week or so back:

Firmware version: 021910000000 / 043.00
EEPROM version: 159

I don't understand the update server question - I did a search from
the handset - wherever that goes.

It still misbehaved until I added dial plan rules yesterday and, as I
said above, so far it seems to have worked.
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old August 9th 09, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dave Saville schreef:
[...]

What i suspect is, that during it's initial setup, (the very first setup
that is done by the setup wizard) somehow the BT number slipped in, or a
line carrier number for BT.
BT is your main landline provider ? or did you switch to an other one in
the past ?
To "force" an other sip provider that you have registered, you can also
use it's preset order number at the end of the phone number, with a hash,
like #5 at the end...
while dialing from the handset.

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.
Old August 9th 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 19:35:34 UTC, lid wrote:

Dave Saville schreef:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:33:10 UTC,
lid wrote:

Dave Saville schreef:
[...]

Yes main landline since before I got the S450IP.

To "force" an other sip provider that you have registered, you can
also
use it's preset order number at the end of the phone number, with a hash,
like #5 at the end...
while dialing from the handset.

Yup, know that thanks. This used to work correctly, defaulting to the
default VOIP provider whoever that was. It started failing recently,
either with a firmware update and/or the addition of the 5th provider.
I still suspect the dialplan matching code.

And the trouble with putting #n in the phone book is the stupid thing
can no longer lookup incoming numbers to give you the name :-(

--
Regards
Dave Saville
Old August 9th 09, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dave Saville schreef:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 19:35:34 UTC, lid wrote:

Dave Saville schreef:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:33:10 UTC,
lid wrote:

Dave Saville schreef:
[...]

Then start with a new slade, and reset to factory settings,
this might overcome something, that's not "in the picture"

also, you might try another browser to access your Dect IP phone
i lately have some troubles with the new version of Firefox,
accessing my Gigaset 301 D basestation.....

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.